broad range of results

Guest OldGlory

Mine are strong for about 12 hours, then get weaker & weaker. A TeaLight warmer burns off the scent much faster, so it sounds like yours are doing great!

I am so glad I have read this thread. When I first came onto this board I done alot of reading about wax tarts, I decided to try and have a go at making my own, my wax tarts last normally for about 12 hours with a tea light warmer but after reading threads here I became obsessed that mine was not good enough, I became a mad professor making wax blends adding in fragrance at different temperatures but no matter what I did it did not make a difference to the longevity of my wax tarts. Since then I stopped making them as I thought that mine was rubbish and no one would want to buy them but now having read this I might start up again :).

Also I found that bakery fragrances seemed to last only roughly 8 hours.

Joannec, some, not all but some, bakery scents are boogers. From my testing, I've found that quite a few have to be added about 5 degrees hotter than most of my other scents, and they have to be seriously stirred for about 2 minutes or so , to incorp in the wax. It seems they are "heavier" in more ways than one.

Well we only really get tea light warmers here, I have been lucky and managed to find an electric warmer but because I know that most people use tea light burners thats why I test in that. We can get the yankee and partylite electric warmers but in my opinion they are rubbish they do not seem to get hot enough to release the scent.

I feel abit better now knowing that its not just me, I have been aiming to get 40 hours out of my melts and thats why I gave up as I just could not achieve it.

Joannec, some, not all but some, bakery scents are boogers. From my testing, I've found that quite a few have to be added about 5 degrees hotter than most of my other scents, and they have to be seriously stirred for about 2 minutes or so , to incorp in the wax. It seems they are "heavier" in more ways than one.

Thanks for that info, I add in my fragrance normally about 80 so should I try the bakery fragrances at 85?

Umm I have no clue because I have never even heard of a wax that you can add fo to at that low of a temp. I have to add different ones of mine, anywhere from 180 to 150. Plus, it will depend on what wax you are using, and which FO . Some just refuse to play well with each other.

Sorry I am in the uk and we normally work in celsius, have just converted to fahrenheit and it is 176.

University of Kent at Canterbury. She just told me two days ago they just put the money down on a row house in Favorsham so she'll be 10 miles from school instead of being in Maidstone and 30 some odd miles. I'm proud of her, but this just makes it all the more real that my baby isn't coming back to the US to stay :( LOL

Sorry for the hijack !!! Back to your regularly scheduled topic heheheh !

University of Kent at Canterbury. She just told me two days ago they just put the money down on a row house in Favorsham so she'll be 10 miles from school instead of being in Maidstone and 30 some odd miles. I'm proud of her, but this just makes it all the more real that my baby isn't coming back to the US to stay :( LOL

Sorry for the hijack !!! Back to your regularly scheduled topic heheheh !

Oh how sad for you but wonderful that she is doing well in life! Faversham is not too far from us, we are in Leigh on Sea :)

Guest OldGlory

It warms my heart to see some good coming of this thread.

JBN, I have candlemakers nose pretty bad, and have had for a lot of years. I have to send out everything I make to testers. I can't smell a candle/tart unless I'm right on top of it. People come to my house, walk in the door, and are hit with fragrance immediately. Go figure, lol.

It was needed! Thanks!

It warms my heart to see some good coming of this thread.

JBN, I have candlemakers nose pretty bad, and have had for a lot of years. I have to send out everything I make to testers. I can't smell a candle/tart unless I'm right on top of it. People come to my house, walk in the door, and are hit with fragrance immediately. Go figure, lol.