Thinking about trying parasoy. Do you suggest a rookie, like me, start with a premix?

justajesuschick

Of course, in the quest to crack the code on how I can get melts to last for days, I suppose it is time to venture into the world of parasoy!

I have a bunch of paraffin so wondered if I could add soy or if it will be easier for me to try for the first time to order something preblended.

Appreciate any watch outs or tips!

Thanks!

Of course, in the quest to crack the code on how I can get melts to last for days, I suppose it is time to venture into the world of parasoy!

I have a bunch of paraffin so wondered if I could add soy or if it will be easier for me to try for the first time to order something preblended.

Appreciate any watch outs or tips!

Thanks!

CS recommends IGI 6006 parasoy in their clamshell tart tutorial. It does get hard enough and shrink enough to come out of clamshells easily. I scoop chunks of my old 6006 candles into my tart melter and they have a strong HT for 2 to 3 days. I used a high FO load of CS FOs when I made those candles. 6006 won't throw everything, so look for FO's that are good in soy, like the CS FO's.

Ok, now you just gave me another wax to try! I already have 2 carts going with 4625, 4786, 4794, feather palm, excel, EcosoyaPB, 4627- and now I just added 6006! I'm also testing a bunch (but making scent brittle- mainly to test some scents, but now I've gotten to wax melt bug!!) I'm also testing some EL and joy wax that I had left over.... oh boy, now I think we need a wax support group along with the fo support group!!

Ok, now you just gave me another wax to try! I already have 2 carts going with 4625, 4786, 4794, feather palm, excel, EcosoyaPB, 4627- and now I just added 6006! I'm also testing a bunch (but making scent brittle- mainly to test some scents, but now I've gotten to wax melt bug!!) I'm also testing some EL and joy wax that I had left over.... oh boy, now I think we need a wax support group along with the fo support group!!

Don't forget to try palm wax! :laugh2:

I have been using 6006 since I first started making candles. I knew it was the wax for me from the get go. It's all personal prefrence. Not everyone likes it just like any other wax out there. I have tried and tested many other types of wax but just keep coming back to 6006. I also love using palm wax. My favorite is Candlewics container palm. The feather palm they sell is also great.

And ooops I just realised you are talking about melts lol I like PB mixed with CB excel for that and sometimes feather palm. I don't make alot of melts though so I guess I'm not much help but rambled on anyway lol

oh yes, feather and glass glow are on the list! (thanks for enabling!! :) So, how high of a fo load to you put in the 6006 for melts, if I can ask?

I don't make melts, but my 6006 candles that I scoop into my tart melter were made with 9% to 12% FO load. 9% should be plenty for melts.

6006 is my favorite container wax, and I play with adding it to other waxes as well.

I have put 100% 6006 into the silicone molds that you probably use for your melts and yes, it does come out, however sometimes little bits stick to the sides of the silicone and they are nice and shiny, but your fingers will smudge them up and they also smear in a cello bag as well.

I have used 10% in 6006 for some fragrances, some that high is over powering, but others are spot on. If they sit in a hot room (like in summer) they do sweat a bit, so store them in a cool place. The candles in my basement have not sweated, but the ones in my living room do.

I like 6006 in tarts, but my fav is clarus 3022. I add 20-30% 4794 to harden it up. I'm finally getting consistent results and lovely smells from my tarts. I get anywhere from 12 hrs to 40 hours depending on the FO. I'm still working on making bakery scents last longer. Not sure if it is possible, but I'll keep trying.

Okay. So here is the plan.

Ordering 415 and 6006 to get started.

Plan to blend the 415 with 4794 and also try it blended with 4625.

Once I see and feel the 6006, I will decide if I should add a touch of either of those (4794, 4625) to firm it up some since I need my individual melts to not gummy up my cello bags too much.

Will use one of my "sure bet" FO's so that I can compare fairly.