Observations I've Seen on YouTube

I am disturbed by one particular channel on YouTube because the person that makes these videos perpetuates that having full melt pools in 15min and viscously high flames with large mushroomed wicks should be the norm when burning candles. I have been hesitant about posting my opinion about this because this person is not here to defend themselves. I want to state that this is not an attack on this person, because I do like hearing their reviews of candles- mostly big box mass produced candkes not small handmade vendors. Im not sure if I have a question but I guess I'd like to know why this is acceptable in a candle when I have always heard that a FMP should not be achieved until the 3 burn.

Opinions? Maybe the cheese stands alone.

I am disturbed by one particular channel on YouTube because the person that makes these videos perpetuates that having full melt pools in 15min and viscously high flames with large mushroomed wicks should be the norm when burning candles. I have been hesitant about posting my opinion about this because this person is not here to defend themselves. I want to state that this is not an attack on this person, because I do like hearing their reviews of candles- mostly big box mass produced candkes not small handmade vendors. Im not sure if I have a question but I guess I'd like to know why this is acceptable in a candle when I have always heard that a FMP should not be achieved until the 3 burn.

Opinions? Maybe the cheese stands alone.

Naaa, not standing alone. I can only talk about my candles. Maybe others will chime in. I wick to not get a FMP until the 3rd or sometimes 4th burn. With my system if its wicked to get FMP earlier it gets too hot in the lower half of the container and usually will end up with the flame torching, too deep MP or too hot container.

It is not acceptable-IMO and unfortunately it is practiced everywhere- in my experience with yank EVERY candle has been way over wicked aPnd turned my walls black and huge ass mushrooms- but look how many they sell...

I recently went into a new soy candle store in my area and their product was replicated off yank but soy and I was given the whole soy is best and green and not dangerous crap- and was told when I burned their candle NOT to trim the wick- that I wanted it to get a big carbon ball on the end because that is what will produce the heat and throw the scent- now while I was playing dumb I asked wouldn't that make the glass to hot and possibly break and I was told no way that would happen but if it made me nervous I "could" trim the wick- now in burning their candle I was disgusted and a huge home improvement store was going to start carrying their candles! I have since drove by again and the doors are closed but they could be working out of their home now

It is maddening and frustrating but goes on everywhere, every day - I can only hope when I am ready to seriously "launch" my product people can see the difference in quality and the product will speak for itself!

AND another company private labels for a greenhouse down the road from me and their candles are the same way- huge bomber mushrooms- black soot and a flame like a torch- soy- but they must sell enough to be able to do the fancy displays with their company name and with the required high minimums! I don't get it - I really don't get it....