soap stamping

Cedar Leaf

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure about stamping on a fully cured bar of soap because I have never tried to do that. Here is what I have tried and know works. I have used mica with both a plain rubber stamp and a metal stamp purchased from www.owossographic.com but only on fresh soap.

This is what I do

After I cut my soap into bars I just take my stamp and "dip" it into some mica (which I put into a flat plastic plate) then place it on my soap and press it in. Easy-peasy :P

If your soap is hard (cured) the rubber stamp might not make an impression. Kelly Bloom said that she dipped her stamp in some oil (jojoba I think) before she dipped in mica and stamped. Please let us know what happens - does it work :yay: or not :mad:

Here is a pic of my rubber stamped soap -

herballimenh6.jpg

and here is a pic of my metal stamped soap -

surfsup4nd7.jpg

Happy stamping!

TAS

Tas, love your soaps and the stamp. I have trouble stamping even on fresh soap. I wish I could get mine that clean and deep. I always get the impression of the rubber backingwhen I press hard. If I do it lighter you can barely see the stamp.

Could you share how you make the curls for your soaps? Are they CP?

Tas, love your soaps and the stamp. I have trouble stamping even on fresh soap. I wish I could get mine that clean and deep. I always get the impression of the rubber backingwhen I press hard. If I do it lighter you can barely see the stamp.

Could you share how you make the curls for your soaps? Are they CP?

Hi Jeana

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Mercury is retrograde and causing my computer to have little hiccups - plus I could not find the photos that I wanted to share with you.

Anyway -- glad that you like my soap/stamp. When I do veggie soap it is always much softer and I need to have a lighter hand when stamping. The tallow soaps are easier to stamp in that they do not get "squished."

For the soap curls I use a soap beveler, or a cheese slicer. I got the soap beveler at KB. Here are some pics. Hope this helps you "curl your soap."

img5480wa1.th.jpg

img5469oa1.th.jpg

img5474oe0.th.jpg

img5362dj4.th.jpg

Oh, and yes, I do the CP method.

Please share you creations once you have "curled you soap."

TAS