TKB Pop colors

Meridith

For those of you that have used the TKB Pop colors, how did you disperse the colorant in your soap? Did you use water or glycerin to mix the color before adding it to the soap? I recently got these in and am soaping with them today. I can not wait to see how they turn out. In the baggies the colors are just beautiful. TIA.

I usually add a bit of my soaping oils to the Pop color.... then mix with a popsicle stick until smooth.

Then when you mix your raw soap in... it mixes very well. :)

I've tried it with water too... works the same way.

So I guess you can use water or oils for these. :)

I'm sure glycerin would work well too.

I take a bit of my oil out for the colors. Just got in a gallon of glycerin and a bunch of bottles, going to premix all my colors.

I have some colorants that I have done that with. It makes is so much easier when soaping as it is premixed and ready to go.

I take a bit of my oil out for the colors. Just got in a gallon of glycerin and a bunch of bottles, going to premix all my colors.

What ratios do you use to pre-mix your colors? I have some glycerin, and some 2oz squeeze bottles. Should I put 1oz color in the bottle then add 1oz of glycerin? :o I'm very interested in a easier method, I didnt know you could do this! Certainly makes sense to me.:smiley2:

• 2 months later...
What ratios do you use to pre-mix your colors? I have some glycerin, and some 2oz squeeze bottles. Should I put 1oz color in the bottle then add 1oz of glycerin? :o I'm very interested in a easier method, I didnt know you could do this! Certainly makes sense to me.:smiley2:

I'd love to know as well if any of you are pre-mixing these, I am eyeing them in Carrie's co-op.

e

May not help some of you, but I use about 1/2 tsp to 1 1/2 cups of soap (my exception would be the purple, using 1 cup soap instead). I also put in maybe 1/2 tsp of glycerine to mix mine. It doesn't take much, mixes easily, even just going straight into the batter.

Adding that's what I use to swirl, not to color the whole batch. I'd try it at 1 T if I were to color the whole batch, depending on weight of that batch and the color of the FO going in.