Double wicking 10oz Apothecary jrs

Hi,

I am trting a 50/50 blend in a 10oz Apothecary jar. I'm wantng to double wick it and am thining of starting out with 2 x cdn10 wicks. We don't have a large variety of wicks over here so I need to work with what I can get.

I have two questions:

1) How far apart do I set the wicks?

2) the base of the jar is about 4" whilst the neck is 3". I'll need to ensure the wick flames are both within the 3"?? Yes???

Stumped...never even tried double wicking anythng before

Cheers,

Hellen

Helen:

I use an apothecary jar that is 4 inches in diameter through the body but the opening is probably 3.75. Does this sound like yours? I do double wick mine but I use LX-20's to do it.

If you'll PM me with your email address, I'll send you a copy of a wicking template I use. It's sort of a target/crosshairs that you set the empty jar on and it's got markings every quarter of an inch. I place my wicks about 1.5 inches apart along the crosshairs and everything works out dandy.

Helen:

I use an apothecary jar that is 4 inches in diameter through the body but the opening is probably 3.75. Does this sound like yours? I do double wick mine but I use LX-20's to do it.

If you'll PM me with your email address, I'll send you a copy of a wicking template I use. It's sort of a target/crosshairs that you set the empty jar on and it's got markings every quarter of an inch. I place my wicks about 1.5 inches apart along the crosshairs and everything works out dandy.

Hey I sent you a pm also, hope you dont mind. I was hoping that I could get that template also. Just in case you didnt get the PM my email address is antoniascreations@yahoo.com. Thanks