Jump to content
  • Mushrooming


    The Mod Team
     Share

    Q: My candle has been burning for a few hours and their is this giant blob at the top of the wick. What did I do wrong?

    A. The "blob" is caused by carbon deposits and is commonly known as a mushroom. A mushroom is a gentle reminder that you need to trim your wick. Extinguish the flame and let the candle cool. Trim the wick to 1/4" and relight. Certain types of wicks are more prone to developing mushrooms, zinc in particular.

     Share


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...