Wood Wicking

You may want to ask them which configuration they are stocking.  The wooden wick company owns the patent on all wooden wicks last I knew. They sell so many thicknesses and wood could pretty much have anything in the pack you bought. 

All the wood wick materials burn differently. 

https://woodenwick.com/faq/?scrollto=choosingwick

https://woodenwick.com/wicks-at-a-glance/

Lol. Worse. 

Heres what candlewic writes a out their offerings:

Wooden Wicks

The amount of crackle directly relates to the amount of color and fragrance that is added to the candle. Experience does show the higher the fragrance load the more crackle.

Let wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) center wick into wax.

Note: Let the candles set overnight to cure the wick before burning. When lighting candle for the first time, light the wick where the wax meets the wick (not at the top of the wick.)

Perfect in soy wax. Also recommended for use with gel wax, vegetable wax and most paraffin.

There are 4 sizes available and the proper one will depend on your wick wax, color/fragrance and diameter of the container.

Dimensions; 
Small 1/4" width x 3.5" length (.04" thickness)
Medium 3/8" width x 5.25" length (.04" thickness)
Large 1/2" width x 5.25" length (.04" thickness)
Larger 5/8" width x 5.25" length (.04" thickness)
Extra Large 3/4" width x 5.25" length (.04" thickness)
Please see below for wicking recommendations, this can vary a bit depending on wax type (paraffin and some vegetable blends with lower melt temperatures may need to be adjusted):

so, narrowing it down, those should be the thickest of the “original” wicks offered by the wooden wickco. 

Heres the wick selection guide.https://woodenwick.com/wick-selection-guide/

That is a big help TallTayl and I will have to

resort to their guide. Now I am preparing for a headache that has not even arrived yet. The good news is that I am only hobbying my candles at the moment. I will eventually go back in business but for now I want to mess around and test test test. Thinking that maybe I should start wood wicking with 8 oz tins and maybe 9 oz straight sided jars

• Thanks 1

I can’t wait to see how they burn and sound. I think that they look really nice in a candle and I would love to figure out how to wick them properly. I am still struggling with certain scents and containers with regular wicks hahahahaha. I have been testing with HTP’s lately. Zincs have been my number 1 wick but there are many scents that I cannot get them to work with. I use CD wicks a little bit also. Hoping HTP’s will work well also

• 2 years later...