Well this is just great

Forrest

10 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Perfect!!!  You will love that blend!  Try blending pretty much any fruit with Vanilla Chamagne and I think you will like most of them.

The best way to "initially" test special blends is to use Q-tips.  Cut them in 1/2 and dip one 1/2 q-tip in Vanilla Champagne and one 1/2 q-tip in orange.  Put them in a small scent shot container and cap it for about 20-30 minutes and smell it and see what you think.  If it needs more orange add another 1/2 of a q-tip dipped in orange FO and let it sit for another 20 ISH minutes.  

This is how I work with my initial custom blends and it works fabulously for me.  HTH!  Lmk if your looking for some other blend ideas... I've got plenty.  And ALWAYS remember Forrest.... Happy Wife happy life!  😂💕.  So keep on making her those fruity blends.  😜

That’s a great idea for testing blends. I’ve been using TT’s salt and candle warmer method, which works great for more complex blends. Right now I have WSP Blood Orange in an 8oz tin and Vanilla Champagne in another, so I’m going to burn them together and see how it works. I recently blended the Blood Orange with Lebermuth Fresh Orange and it worked great, I’ll use that in my final product. I think my wife would be happy if I stopped making candles, she wants me to do something more challenging. If anyone knows of something more challenging than double wicking an 11oz tureen with 6006 please let me know.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 8:36 AM, Forrest said:

Trap got me started on the Vanilla Champagne, I'm thinking about blending it with a little orange and calling it a Mimosa. My wife loves the tropical fruity scents and NG's are the best I've found.

That sounds like a good scent mix.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forrest said:

That’s a great idea for testing blends. I’ve been using TT’s salt and candle warmer method, which works great for more complex blends. Right now I have WSP Blood Orange in an 8oz tin and Vanilla Champagne in another, so I’m going to burn them together and see how it works. I recently blended the Blood Orange with Lebermuth Fresh Orange and it worked great, I’ll use that in my final product. I think my wife would be happy if I stopped making candles, she wants me to do something more challenging. If anyone knows of something more challenging than double wicking an 11oz tureen with 6006 please let me know.

You could always take a break from candles and go back to rocket science.... 😂😂

Have you seen the Libbey Vibe container? That looks right up your alley!

Edited by Sarah S
  • Haha 1