Super pigmented Ultra Black liquid Candle Dye?

The best liquid black candle dye I had in my color palette was from Peak (of course).

I ran out during a run of Macabre soy candles. Opened a new bottle of EVO-1 from Candlewic. It has a brown tint to it and is not very concentrated. Where I used to use 3 drops from Peak to fully saturate an 8 oz soy tin, now 5 times that in the same tin is very pale with a brown tint. Ditto in beeswax.

Where oh where can I find fully saturated liquid color that is true to the label???? I make a LOT of black candles.

Have you tried Lonestar's dyes? They are very similar to Peaks, IMO. I have not tried their black, however. I have tired a few others, and they are very comparable. 

I still have a full 1oz bottle of black dye from peak I got years ago, and I just don't use it very often, but do on occasion. 

If I never used it at all I would offer it to you, but I am loathe to do that because I know just as soon as I do, I'll end up wanting/needing it. 

I know you use liquids, but do you always color the same scent black? I hate using powders BUT found that for a specific scent, which I used only for candles, I wanted black. I used powder dye, figured out what amount I needed and added it to the bottle. The solvents in the fragrance worked to prevent specks of dye... All dye starts as powder, so if you can't get one black enough, this may be your best bet since the flakes, blocks & chips tend to clog wicks.

• Like 1

I scent that one black in candles and soap, but could create two bottles if I had to. I had not considered powders, but that would make sense. Thank you.

i have several others that use black as an accent color and could play with solvents. Great idea. Thanks again 

• Like 1