Love this site!

Timber

Hey all!  I've been reading & learning & enjoying all the excellent information here.  I'm brand new to this but have always loved a good candle!  I played with the idea several years ago about trying to make my own candles but in the dial up era of internet, didn't make it too far with researching it.  

Several months ago, I spent $40 for 2 scents at a friend's party & was completely disgusted by the lack of "oomph" after a few hrs (this was for melts; only lasted about 4 hrs maybe in a tealight warmer).  So it got me thinking again about making it for myself especially after I had seen oils listed on Amazon (my fave place to shop!).

I'm not really looking to make money & have learned here about using fragrances without actually having to mess with the wax which would be fine for my own use.  However,    another motivation for me is that my youngest is autistic.  He is relatively high functioning & just completed kindergarten in a standard class.  Doing so has involved all kinds of help from others (K teacher, speech, occupational therapy, special needs teacher, etc etc etc) & I'd like to have something special I can give to thank those who help him every day.  Like I said above, I work full time with irregular hrs, so just whipping up cookies for a dozen or so people is daunting & it's too expensive to buy everybody individual gifts.  I like the idea of having something great smelling (melts, candles, bath/body) that I can just pull out & package & not have to worry the night before if I have the time to get it together.   

So far, I've bought some 415 & silicone molds at Amazon & some oils from CS for tarts which have been super fun to make!  Looking forward to doing more!

Again, you guys are awesome!

• Like 1

Welcome to the board and your new addiction!

I think it's sweet that you want to give your child's educators something. I'm sure they'll love it!

I have worked with special needs children for 20 years now and love my job! I also just got through pouring some of my co-workers some wax for gifts.

• Like 1