How many waxes do you use?

WaxAttacks

Just curious if you blend waxes for either candles, melts or both, and if so how many waxes total are you using to achieve this?  Or do you just use a preblend? I am currently using about 3 different waxes to make my candles and melts. Wondering if that is not a good idea for cost purposes and if I should try to condense my recipe down to 2 waxes. Thanks in advance for any input! 

I use 5 waxes (my container wax, 2 pillar waxes - different effects, not blended, my votive wax and my palm wax) I do blend for melts, and use additives for my votives, but the rest is the wax straight out of the containers) My blend for melts is 2 waxes 50% each... 

15 minutes ago, WaxAttacks said:

THANK YOU! I feel much better now. Lol. I actually am thinking about using a 4th just for candles only. The other 3 a blend for my melts. 

May I ask why you use 3. Do you find it really makes a difference. Currently Im testing Eco pillar + 4630. Ive added a touch of palm in the past but I cant

honestly say how much of a difference it makes. Sometimes I question my sense of smell after reading posts that reference certain blends give a quick 

blast of scent then fizzle quickly or another blends starts off slower but has longevity. I guess I wish I could be better at that like others are. What type 

of melter do you test with ? 

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

May I ask why you use 3. Do you find it really makes a difference. Currently Im testing Eco pillar + 4630. Ive added a touch of palm in the past but I cant

honestly say how much of a difference it makes. Sometimes I question my sense of smell after reading posts that reference certain blends give a quick 

blast of scent then fizzle quickly or another blends starts off slower but has longevity. I guess I wish I could be better at that like others are. What type 

of melter do you test with ? 

I use a 20 watt glade to test usually. If I were doing an all paraffin wax, then I wouldn't have to use to many waxes. Unfortunately Soy markets better in my opinion, so I feel the need to add a percentage of that into my blends. 

• 1 month later...

I also am using 3 and was wondering if I was wasting time and money if we are able to get great results with just 2 (I am doing melts).  However, some even get great results using just 1, so it is inevitable to all be the same with 1 easy, great throwing cost effective wax.  

• Like 1