Refresher oil for wax tarts

ubure

Hi there,

probably a weird question but I get so many requests for it I need to ask here for advice:

my customers love my soy wax tarts but as they are not very much inclined to spend too much money they ask me for refresher oils for the tarts (yes, I know, they should buy new tarts when there is no scent left in the old ones, but they want to make the most of it, it seems.:rolleyes:. I used to make refresher oils with DPG but I'd like to use something more natural, and as there is no water involved I could use some carrier oil as well, right? Like coconut? Or soy? Just wanted to know if I am totally wrong with this idea or not... thanks for any comments on this!

ubure

Also, FO doesn't just mix with wax magically. You really need it to be a higher temperature, so if someone had their tart heated and then poured the straight FO into the wax, it may not even combine.

I'm all for saving money, but I don't know how the customer would do this with just a tart warmer.

Hi again,

thanks for your comments!

You are right about certain dangers and issues with straight fo. So I need a solvent - plant oil then? I am really interested in your opinion on the plant oils, it should work with the wax, temp should be no problem either, so what do you think?

I would just tell them that there are no refresher oils available, explaining that there is a specific process involved in making the tarts that causes the oil and wax to blend properly in order to make the tarts give off their wonderful fragrance. Quick answer and an honest one.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't see how the FO would blend with the wax...

You don't let FO just go in a warmer... it has to be blended with the wax and the customer would not be able to do that. If that was the case, why would anyone ever buy another tart/melt? They would just consistently add more oil...

I would explain that melts and FO do not work that way...