taking a chance and doing a favor

PeggyK

Hello! One of my coworkers is being laid off in December and we have talked about her possibly making a few extra bucks for herself by selling my candles.

(The volume will not be large at all, just word of mouth to friends/family).

I told her I would like her to submit orders to me as a minimum of 6 candles and I need to be paid upfront. (I am dropping the price by 50 cents per candle for her). She will be selling them for a bit more than what I currently sell them for. ** I am OK with this because when I eventually sell from a website, I will be raising my price **.

I am having her sign paperwork stating that she will be the one to collect sales tax.

She will have an order form, which will show her name/contact info (and her pricing), but I will be placing labels on the candles which will actually show my name/contact info.

Does anyone have tips for me? thanks

So is she acting as a sales rep for you? Or is she trying to build her own clientele? It sounds like you have bits of both in this equation.

My tip is do what is most comfortable for you. And even if it feels weird to have her sign something in writing on how everything will work out, ignore that feeling. Just do it. It has nothing to do with trust and everything to do with making sure everyone involved understands the terms completely.

So is she acting as a sales rep for you? Or is she trying to build her own clientele? It sounds like you have bits of both in this equation.

My tip is do what is most comfortable for you. And even if it feels weird to have her sign something in writing on how everything will work out, ignore that feeling. Just do it. It has nothing to do with trust and everything to do with making sure everyone involved understands the terms completely.

Wow - I didn't even consider that! I will have to really figure out which will be better for me financially (her own clientele or a sales rep for me). Thanks for making me think!

Thank you.

Peggy