Tell the Soap Fairies to Go HOME!

JanetsCandles

I must be on a bad run. Last batch, colors turned funny. This batch, overheating. Time for a rebatch, I think.

post-13471-139458502194_thumb.jpg

I never can NOT look at a batch of soap. So I wrapped it up last night (not thinking about the effect pumpkin and yogurt would have on the heating), and an hour or so later, it had started to gel. Yay! Or so I thought. This morning I get up and look. It has a nice oil slick on the top. Uh oh. It's cooled down, and felt mostly normal, except for the oil slick, but had sunk in the middle. So out of the mold it is. Nice layer of soap is bisected by a nice layer of oil. So I guess I get to work it in the crock pot instead of goofing off. Le sigh. Can someone tell the frigging fairies to go the frig home?

post-13471-139458502186_thumb.jpg

I ended up putting the ucky soap into my crock pot to rebatch, probably tomorrow. I remade the batch tonight (darnit, I wanted that swirl!) and put it in the fridge. It looks like it gelled at least part way, but still looks pretty good. So it's going to sit until tomorrow and hopefully I get a good batch out of it.