Starburst Pillar Test Burn

Ok this is after (2) 4 hours burns with a CDN 12 I didn't trim the wick before the 2nd burn because I know customers won't trim. It blew out on the 2nd burn. I'm ready to give up on this I guess I'll try a CSN 14 or the CDN 10 I forgot to mention it's 3" in diameter with 5% fo no additives.

I think I just answered my own question & problem lol

rszstarburst.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ladysj

It's been curing for about 3 days now & no the wick hasn't waivered at all. I misread I guess or misunderstood the diameters or something. What can I say "Old age & brain is dead tired" lol Going to remelt with a smaller wick & see what happens.

No worries lol I typically don't let mine cure lol I'm usually too anxious to wait but I had remelted this one & back to the melt pot it goes again. The glass glow I poured yesterday with the Spiced Apple Pie I started burning today & it smells awesome already.

Kelly do you let your candles cure for any length of time? Or test for wicks right away?

Ladysj sorry for the Hijack. My wicks always waver around.

I usually wait about a week for the first burn, then a week later a 2nd burn and so on til it's done.

Forgot to mention, that I do a 50/50 blend of starburst and feather. Unless I'm lazy, then I just use one or the other. :)

Edited by KrazeKelly