Air bubbles under label?

I'm using a polyester waterproof label on two containers, a plastic bottle and a glass bottle. I have no problems with the plastic bottles but with every glass bottle I get air bubbles under the label. Does anyone have any tricks to hand apply a waterproof label without getting air bubbles under it? The labels I'm using are 7" x 2.5" and are from Online Labels.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's how I do it too but I get bubbles every time. Are your labels as long as mine? I spoke with OLL and they said to wipe the glass down with alcohol and that should work. They didn't say which alcohol to use so I'm wondering which would be best - whiskey, bourbon, vodka, perhaps something more exotic like Drambuie or Sambuca? Should I drink some before using it on the jars? Okay, I couldn't resist trying to be funny but I'll definitely try wiping them down with alcohol to see if that helps and also being more diligent about rubbing them down as I work out from the center.

Thanks number2of7 for your response!