jojoba oil in body butter?

ksranch

I may be looking into something I shouldn't as I have no experience in this area, but here goes...

My DH has severly dry skin. I got lotion base from EBC, which is working very well, except for his hands. He used a tube of store bought specialty lotion that helped a lot and after reviewing the ingrediants the only thing I see that is that "special" is jojoba. I found a recipe for 'winter body butter' that has shea butter, coconut oil, and cornstarch that I was going to try (since I have all the ingrediants anyway). So, my question is - can I add some jojoba oil to this? Jojoba oil is expensive (at least to a newcomer in this department) so I don't want to just try it if one of the forum experts has any suggestions... TIA!

Absolutely. Jojoba oil is worth the price and since you're making it for personal use, you won't have to buy it by the gallon. (and you'll have some on hand when you want to make yourself some lip balm)

Here is Oregon Trails' description of the oil & it's properties.

This bright golden oil is a favorite to many as a carrier oil due to its properties being the closest to human sebum (skin's natural oil). This is an oil I would highly recommend when making products for men due to it's non greasy quality; mostly due to the fact that it is technically a liquid wax. And even more interesting is the fact it rapidly absorbs and leaves your skin silky. It's something of a "Natures Miracle" oil whether it be natural or refined.