Wierd Film On Top Of Candle

I have been experimenting with 4786 and in my attempt to give the ht a boost have tried increasing the fo load to 10% with promising results. The problem I had with a few is about mid-way through I have a few beads develop on top of the candle once it hardens. They aren't liquid like raw fo but are hard wax beads???

I am still assuming they are fo so to try to elliminate this by adding 1/4tsp vybar per pound of wax to my next batch. Well, the result was confusing. This new candle has a strange powdery/dry film of sorts on top. When I burned it for the first time this film when heated turned dewy. It looked like someone had spritzed the entire surface with water.

I thought vybar would help the wax hold the fo more not push it out? The hot and cold throw are both very good but I'm unsure of what to do about this or even what it is. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?:confused:

Thanks for replying scented:)

I'm not sure what would happen if I backed down on the fo and still added the vybar. It just seems so strange that with the addition of a bit of vybar that there was actually more leakage of fo. With the first candle I did without the vybar there was just a few tiny dots on the top of the candle once it burned down 3/4 of the way (none before that though) but with it there was a full dewy layer almost right after lighting??

It is that weird dry film on the surface of my finished candle that turned into the "dew". Is that appearance and/or functional change typical of vybar?

It does not surprise me that vybar failed to help you. I think the 4786 already has vybar in it. If anything, I found that diluting the wax a bit helps. You might try adding some J50 or J223 or Harmony, like 20 percent, and see if the wet spots stop and the FO load increases.

On occasion, I just add general wax 128 MP wax which has pretty much no additives in it. I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but my theory is that some of the IGI is oversaturated with additives.