Biodiesel Glycerin

rachelb5499

Here's an article I found: http://www.permaculture.com/node/535

People get turned off by the word diesel but really all biodiesel is rendered and filtered cooking oils. It would be great for making bar and liquid soap that I would use for a mechanics soap or incorporate into homemade household cleaners such as dish soap, dish detergent, laundry soap and laundry detergent.

I wouldn't super fat it when calculating lye and water

Thanks, Jacqui0, I read a lot and one of the concerns is it needing to have Uhhhhh, shoot! I forgot the word....anyway, an alcohol or methane or something removed and that there's no way to be SURE you removed it all, but I was thinking the same.......make CP soap out of it and then using it NOT on the body might be a cool way to go. I think you're right though people will be turned off by "diesel" and even just "used cooking oils." Then again, where I live...almost everyone is a hippie. LOL So reusing and reusing might not be a turn off to folks around here. hee hee

No, no, no! I am proud of the oils and butters that I use. They are fresh and not oxidized. Do you want your soap to get DOS? What about people with allergies? There is no way to know what oils were used to make biodiesel. This is a BIG liability issue. I would not take the chance; free or otherwise.