Gel Wax too soft?

Candler

I recently bought gel wax and with this the lady gave me gel candles she had made. The problem is when I burn it the wick drowns after the first 30 - 40 minutes.

Why is this happening?

I've narrowed it down to 1 possible reason! The wax is too soft. I know the wick is correct, because I've done quite a bit of research, however I don't know if it was properly coated or not.

I think the wax is low density, I've asked her and she could give me no information on this.

What can I do harden the wax? I've searched every where but can't seem to find gel candle additives or anything for that fact.

I know the wick is correct, because I've done quite a bit of research,

All the research in the world doesn't make it so. Testing is the ONLY way to know if your wick is right. Obviously if it isn't burning, the wick isn't right. My guess, your wick is too small.

• 7 months later...

Jennifer;

I'd recognize you even behind those Foster Grants. I guess you can see where I wound up!

I'm glad though that it's not me you're telling that my "wick is too small".

Forum Moderator; Sorry! I couldn't control myself. I had to steal this old thread to;

1.) Let "Flicker" know I'm still around.

2.) Get my 8 posts in so I can get off of probation. (I'm not too fond of being called a "drip" either. I'm going for an enema, OOPS! I mean enigma. (Will I be able to edit my posts then. . . I HOPE! 30 days is a long time to be extra careful.

I promise I won't boost any active threads.

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles :embarasse