Question about dipping flameless battery operated tapers in wax

I am not sure if this question belongs here, in the wickless section, or maybe even the crafty section, so I will start here. I want to dip a battery operated flameless taper in wax for a more primitive look, but I am not sure how to do it. These would only be used by me in my house (if they turn out decent). I dont want to dip the bulb itself, so I was thinking I would just dip the taper portion quickly in some pillar wax, and let the wax drip a bit until it hardens. My question has to do with the twist off cap that is on the bottom of the taper (where the battery goes). How do I dip this while still being able to remove the cap in the future to change the battery? Any ideas or suggestions? Also, what temperature should the wax be when I dip the taper in it?

Hi Megandgarr,

I'm guessing you'll have to dip then place the unit on a flat warm plate and melt off the wax on the bottom so that you can get to the battery door.

Or use a long lasting battery and re-dip after the battery goes dead.