Peacock Swirl Cut and My other Peacocks Story

JacquiO

[ATTACH]23926[/ATTACH]

So here they are cut. Love this swirl!

So I spend way too much time on youtube watching soap making videos. Raise your hand if you're guilty of this too. After doing Amanda's (Lovin Soap Blog) contemporary peacock I decided to check out if there were any videos of this in action. What I did find was this woman who had 3 videos attempting a peacock swirl and failing all 3 because her trace was simply too thick. So I wrote her and even though I personally despise unsolicited advice I figured she could use some friendly tips on how to make this swirl possible.

She writes me back and tells me what she was attempting was a paper marbling technique different from Amanda's. Well this piqued my interest so next thing I know I'm watching paper marbling videos and then I attempted what this other soaper was trying to do.

First I went to wally-mart for toothpicks, nails and duct tape to make my comb and rakes

post-670-139458496488_thumb.jpg

Then I set myself up to do this swirl. At first I was a little over ambitious and used 7 colors. Tonight I tried it again with only 4.

Well here were the results...

post-670-13945849651_thumb.jpg

These are considered traditional peacocks. I still don't have this down perfect. I need to watch those paper marbling videos a little more closely before attempting again, but my trace was perfect.

The pastel one is scented with a Lavender Peppermint EO blend and the other is Eucalyptus Citrus EO blend.

I post cut pics in about a week or so.

Thanks for Looking!

post-670-139458496481_thumb.jpg

post-670-139458496506_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacquiO