Glass Jar

If they return the jars, I am happy to take them. I reuse them for other crafts or tester jars but I don't reuse them for candles to sell. I would reuse the lids if they were in perfect condition. I never seem to get any lids back, though.

Edited by deb426

I offered a $1.00 off on returned jars several years ago. Some were returned all clean and seemingly undamaged but most were real wrecks that took a lot of time for me to refurbish and I began seeing small flaws in the glass. Needless to say I stopped that policy. Occasionaly someone will ask me to fill a container that they really like and I tell them no. Liability is a terrible thing. HTH

Steve

I give people a dollar off if they return the jar, as that is aproximately what I paid for them, I certainly don't reduce my profit margin on them. I have some customers who typically buy 5-6 candles a month, and they're the ones who most often return the jars.

That being said, I am VERY careful about reusing jars, as there can be some liability in that. Most often the "reused" jars don't get sold, rather they are given out to friends/family or I burn them myself.

I mark the jars using a Deco Color marker (permanant market that works on glass) underneath the warning label on the bottom of the candle, and I NEVER reuse a container twice. It's not worth the risk.

http://1stopsquare.com/marvy/markers/paintmarker.html

Edited by cgoff

Hi Mannie,

I do not recycle my jars. I hate that I can't because I have had lots of customers ask if I want my jars back to recycle and I have to tell them that due to possible jar breakage issues I cannot reuse them.