J233....Comparable to CBL125?

I was just on a supplier website today that stated that cbl125 is comparable or equivalent to j233. I was thinking of trying out a slab of the cbl125 but if its the same as j233 (which I already use), I can cross it off my list. TIA :)

I was just on a supplier website today that stated that cbl125 is comparable or equivalent to j233. I was thinking of trying out a slab of the cbl125 but if its the same as j233 (which I already use), I can cross it off my list. TIA :)

glowworm....I surely don't want to sway you from trying a new wax or toward buying a new wax but I can tell you what we have found for results between the two.

As mentioned in a previous post, I am co-testing with another forum member in another state. We seem to be getting similar test results with waxes,wicks & FOs.

We do not find CBL125 comparable to J223. We find CBL125 superior to J223. With the right wicks the HT is amazing. We are still working on wicking 125 but have it narrowed down to a few wicks that do throw excellent. With J223 we were not satisfied with the HT using the same FO in both waxes. It is possible there was a wick or two we missed in J223 that would have given us the HT we were looking for but I do think we hit them all :)

HTH

Edited by jeanie353

CBL125 is the best!!!!! I'm the co-tester. We tried J223, J50, 4630 all three were said to be similar to each other. CBL125 is the easiest to wick & has the best HT. That very well could be because we were able to wick it properly. Just not interested in retrying with the other three waxes. I still love 4627 better then any of the other waxes, but can't get it wicked.

Thank you both for sharing your findings. I use j223 as a back-up when I cant get a particular fragrance to throw the way I want with my standard parasoy blend. For the most part I am finding that if one won't work, the other will. Another bonus is that the wicking is almost identical to my normal blend so that saves me some headaches. But, you both are so right about the importance of finding the right wick, it makes all the difference in the world.

That being said, I am still not totally satisfied with the j223 for a couple of reasons. The first being wet spots...they are aweful with this wax, and nothing I have tried has helped. It is the only wax I have any problems with and it is driving me absolutely crazy. The other big reason is I want to try and decrease the number of waxes I use. I am finally to a point where I have 4 primary waxes that I can use alone or in combination that meets most of my needs but I still am missing a good overall wax to fill in the cracks. Do you guys find the Cbl125 to be pretty versatile?

Do you guys find the Cbl125 to be pretty versatile?

Well....I have used it blended with a pillar/tart wax for my tarts and it is going to be my final blend as soon as the 6098 I have here that I'm blending now is used up. 6098 is excellent for the tart blend but like you mentioned in your post above, we are trying to cut our primary waxes and get dual purpose out of them, when possible.

HTH and good luck :)

Well....I have used it blended with a pillar/tart wax for my tarts and it is going to be my final blend as soon as the 6098 I have here that I'm blending now is used up. 6098 is excellent for the tart blend but like you mentioned in your post above, we are trying to cut our primary waxes and get dual purpose out of them, when possible.

HTH and good luck :)

Thanks for the pointers, I am anxious now to get testing:)

Just happy with HT, CT & smoothness.

That is great! Hopefully I'll be able to report back equally good results :)

Sorry for the double post, I don't know what I'm doing sometimes with my computer LOL

Edited by glowworm

Ecos & Htps seem to do the best so far. Love the Cds, but always seem to have teeny redhot little embers at the tip of wick. 2 Eco1s in 125 in a 15 oz cylindar from Lonestar that is on its 10th burn & doing very well. Mix-up with TCS, invoice for shipping wouldn't go thru. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Jeanie says doing very well, great HT so far. Maybe she'll start a new thread about TCS wax.

Ok, I did a little more digging and found an older post on here where Cbl 125 was proven to be 4630. Candlewic apparently verified to a couple of people here that igi sends them the 4630 in liquid form and they then slab it and rename it. Has anyone tested these two side by side or know if this is actually correct?

Ecos & Htps seem to do the best so far. Love the Cds, but always seem to have teeny redhot little embers at the tip of wick. 2 Eco1s in 125 in a 15 oz cylindar from Lonestar that is on its 10th burn & doing very well. Mix-up with TCS, invoice for shipping wouldn't go thru. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Jeanie says doing very well, great HT so far. Maybe she'll start a new thread about TCS wax.

Many thanks. I've been testing J50 and J223 off and on for a while when I have the funds and the time. I can't get a full melt pool in a 3" wide tumbler and the HT isn't that great. I've only tried zincs and LX's so far. I'm going to try a few more wicks before I give up on it. I may give CBL125 ot TCS a try if all else keeps failing.

Ok, I did a little more digging and found an older post on here where Cbl 125 was proven to be 4630. Candlewic apparently verified to a couple of people here that igi sends them the 4630 in liquid form and they then slab it and rename it. Has anyone tested these two side by side or know if this is actually correct?

glowworm....I was one of apparently many who called CW when it was brought out that 4630 is indeed CBL125. I was told the same thing....that yes, they are one in the same. CW did tell me the other CBL blends are not the same as IGI blends that they were compared to.

Would it be ok with you if I sent you a PM about that?

Edited by jeanie353

glowworm....I was one of apparently many who called CW when it was brought out that 4630 is indeed CBL125. I was told the same thing....that yes, they are one in the same. CW did tell me the other CBL blends are not the same as IGI blends that they were compared to.

Would it be ok with you if I sent you a PM about that?

Absolutely! :)

In my testing I don't find 125 & 4630 to be the same. 125 is easier to wick, so that may account for the better HT. Something is different in the 2 waxes.

Thanks. Backed off leaving it for you to answer since you have worked with both side by side recently and more extensive than I did.

I thought J223 & 4630 were more similar, didn't you?

Honestly? I don't remember. That was last month right? Oh no..that was back in like January. It will hit long term soon or I'll find my notes and be able to answer this question.

I'm just going to go hit the caffeine now :confused:

I thought J223 & 4630 were more similar, didn't you?

In my testing I did find them to be pretty similar, but short of the aweful wetspots I get from the J223, it has performed better in my system and has given me better ht than the 4630. I should say though to be fair, I only tested 2 10# slabs before deciding to move ahead with the j223. Maybe with more extensive testing I would have come to a different conclusion.

You're killing me! Snickers! At this point not concerned with wetspots, only wicking & cold & hot throw. Work on that later. Of the 3 waxes, 125 just did better for us in testing. Now to find out how the new TCS wax does.

Honestly? I don't remember. That was last month right? Oh no..that was back in like January. It will hit long term soon or I'll find my notes and be able to answer this question.

I'm just going to go hit the caffeine now :confused: