Bath Bomb Newbie

msalex28a

I'm kind of new to this board too and I hope that linking is OK but this lady is amazing and I know if you are a newbie you will love this blog! http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/search?q=bath+bombs she has a few recipes on there for feet but it should get you started.

I suggest baking soda, citric acid, epsom salt, FO or EO and TRO maybe corn starch for supplies and witch hazel...I use someone else forumla from another board and it is awesome...if you want more information where to find it pm me and I will be glad to help!

There are some rules that will help you when adding oils...one suggestion is to:

Take a half cup of your dry powder mixture (baking soda/corn starch) put it in a smaller bowl and mix all your "wet stuff" in that; mix it up very well, then add it back to your big bowl. Mix it in very well with no clumps (cuz it will leave uglies on your bath bombs).

Another is to add citric acid at the very last...and mix like heck! It will help it not activate the citric acid while mixing. I use witch hazel in a spritz bottle to help me keep it at wet sand consistancy...it is less likely to activate the citric acid....spritz and mix and spritz and mix...I've had too much coffee...spritz and mix! HTH!