I just don't know what to do....

Bernadette

On 1/23/12, I ordered 2 ozs. of liquid dye from a small candle company that has a webstore and an eBay store. This is a liquid dye that I've never been able to get anywhere else and everyone loves the color. When I ordered from them before, I ordered from their eBay store, but when I checked this time, they didn't have it listed, so I checked their webstore. It was there, so I ordered it, even though I was charged $8 for shipping 2 ozs. Anyway, I received my order confirmation from their store, as well as my paypal payment confirmation.

I waited 7 days, but no dye. I started using their contact form. No response. I've tried to contact them thru eBay. No response. I opened a dispute with paypal. No response. They currently are selling on ebay and have feedback posted as recently as yesterday, and they have 100% positive feedback. I just don't understand why they are not responding to my asking about the item. I mean, even if it's not available anymore, why don't they write and say so. I have until 2/20 to get my money back, but I'd much rather have the dye. I just don't understand this... Any suggestions? They are in Missouri.:sad2:

If they have a website (like Janet says) you should be able to find some contact info - if not a phone number, at least an email. I don't put my phone # "out there" but I do make sure it's overly obvious how to contact me. Perhaps if they get something direct as opposed to 'thru' Ebay they'll take you more seriously. Hopefully it's just some type of delay or mistake, but I don't blame you - when I don't have follow up on an order promptly I start getting nervous.

When I said I used their contact form, I meant their email for service listed on the website. Can't get seller info on eBay unless you're in a transaction with that seller at the moment, that's why I used eBay's ask seller a question option. The dispute I opened on paypal - they send the seller the info directly and that hasn't worked. This seller also makes molds and once before I wanted to ask them a question about their custom mold option, called the phone number on their website twice and left messages. They didn't call back then, doubt they will now. I'll try again tomorrow and post what happens. I just can't understand why a 100% positive feedback supplier would act this way.

Good Grief!

Federal law gives a minimum of 30 days to ship. It used to be 30 days, but it's increased though I'm not sure by how much.

If I were selling on Ebay and someone filed a dispute after 7 days, I'd make them wait just on principle.

Please read the original post again....I did not purchase this item on ebay. I purchased it from their website. After a week, I wrote and simply asked when it would ship, period. I was not snotty or impatient, just wanted to know. I filed the dispute with Paypal, not ebay. The only reason I filed the dispute was because paypal notifies the other party, with my message. I did this in case my emails were not getting thru.

Good Grief!

Federal law gives a minimum of 30 days to ship. It used to be 30 days, but it's increased though I'm not sure by how much.

If I were selling on Ebay and someone filed a dispute after 7 days, I'd make them wait just on principle.

Sliver, does this hold true when an ebay seller says in their listing that a product will ship in a predetermined time frame, for instance, within 48 hours of receiving payment, or does federal law protect the seller? Interesting...

Please read the original post again....I did not purchase this item on ebay. I purchased it from their website. After a week, I wrote and simply asked when it would ship, period. I was not snotty or impatient, just wanted to know. I filed the dispute with Paypal, not ebay. The only reason I filed the dispute was because paypal notifies the other party, with my message. I did this in case my emails were not getting thru.

It doesn't matter where you purchased the item, and Paypal disputes are the same, regardless of which website you used.

My mistake that I used Ebay as a reference.

Sliver, does this hold true when an ebay seller says in their listing that a product will ship in a predetermined time frame, for instance, within 48 hours of receiving payment, or does federal law protect the seller? Interesting...

Yes. Federal law is federal law, and they go by their rules.

They aren't protecting anyone, and they aren't about to get involved in personal tiffs, nor is Paypal.

A lot depends on whether the shipper bought delivery confirmation.

I have never had a problem with Paypal, but I have had two incidents, one as a buyer and one as a seller.

The time I was the buyer, I didn't get what I ordered. The seller didn't have DC so I got a refund when I filed a dispute.

The time I was the seller, I never really knew what the details were but the buyer either didn't have the funds, changed banks, something to where the money wasn't available. I did have DC. The money was taken from my account, but was replaced literally within minutes once I provided the DC number. The guy I talked with at Paypal told me not to worry about it; they would either get their money or take the loss, but since I had DC, the loss would not be mine. I never heard another word about it.

I love Paypal. But I play by the rules that are there to protect me.

Edited by SliverOfWax
for clarity