Label Size for 8 oz Libbey Status Jars

Hello all,

I recently decided to use 8 oz Libbey Status jars instead of the candle bowls I was previously using. I have not recieved the containers in the mail yet, so I am unable to measure for a label. However, I would like to get my labels created so that I can start selling asap. What size label do you put on your 8 oz libbey status jar?

Thanks in advance

Not being snarky here, but if you have never used the jars before, how are you going to start selling ASAP without testing? My advise is to make sure you test every scent before selling. The Staus jars have some different burn characteristics than the same size jar of different types because of the heat retention caused by the base and glass thickness. Please do yourself a favor and test the jars, that will give you plenty of time to decide on the label you want.

I completley agree. I was planning on testing everything before selling. My customer's satisfaction is the most important thing to me! I want to make sure I am using the appropriate size wick and that my product is high quality. I just want to know what size to do the label ASAP because I am hiring a graphic designer to design them and get them printed. She is doing a different style label for each scent and that process alone could take a while. I don't want to delay anything just because I'm waiting on something as trivial as label size. I know that a lot of people on these forums use the status jar, and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

Gotcha! The panel size on the 8 oz. Status jar is 3 inches tall from top of base "ring" (the part that sticks out) to top of jar. This is to the very top, and does not take into account any lid that overlaps. The jar is approx. 8.5 inches in circumference. So you have to figure out how much of the jar you want to cover with the label. HTH

I use a label size of 2 3/8 x 3 3/8 inch on my 8 ounce tumbler, which has similiar panel size to the 8 ounce Status. I do not know what your labels are like, but this would be a good size if I started selling the 8 oz. Status. I use clear labels with simple wording and no graphics.

Edited by Wessex

Just confirmed- the status jar at Dollar Tree is, in fact, a Libbey jar. :) I emailed Dollar Tree & the Merchandise Manager confirmed it, since some of their glass jars have "Greenbrier" tags & some have "Libbey" tags.

On a side note, the address for Greenbrier International (the distributor on the tag on the Dollar Tree jar) has the same address as Dollar Tree. :)