Candles or Wax Art????

post-13400-139458492447_thumb.jpg

I have made molds for a variety of old bottles with embossed lettering. Here are a few reproductions made from beeswax. I have tried a few with color to see if it would make a difference on how the lettering stands out. Several that I have shown these to have suggested that a wick is not necessary as most will never burn them. I even have a mold for a popular soft drink bottle that I am trying to get permission to use. Probably a lost cause. The opinions of this forum would be appreciated. Should they be offered as candles or wax art?????

J.Snow

Candles. They like feeling like they could burn it if they want to, but they're saving it instead. My mom refuses to burn her triple-wicked candle because it has 3 wicks. lol She doesn't realize that candles with 3 wicks are everywhere, including WalMart these days.

It's much more interesting as a candle than a wax replica of a bottle.

They look awesome! I love them!

Edited by HorsescentS

Wow you did a great job on molding those!! I encourage you to see if you can wick them reliably. Even though many people would love them for decorative pieces, they have potential to be functioning candles because of their shape. Please keep us updated on your new product!!