MillCreek

FunFlames

Hey everyone, I am going through all my F.O.s and wondered what the updated thoughts on MillCreek are. I did a search and it must be messing up since the most current dates I found were 2007. Tad bit old. LOL

Any thoughts, opinions appreciated!

Danielle

Millcreek has always been on my list to try (have bought a few from the classies that I enjoyed), so I finally buckled down this weekend and ordered some samples. Very much looking forward to getting them!

Here's what I ordered:

Cozy Cabin

Pear & Vanilla Bean

Bergamot & Coriander

Cashmere

Cedar& Saffon

Clothesline Fresh

Dream Catcher

Fireside Musk

Gain

Groovy Patchouli

Japanese Cherry Blossom

So far all I have tried from there are really good and throw very well in 6006.

Bergamot & Coriander

Cool Cucumber Melon..made candles and soap with this..very good

Citrus & Sage (one of my favorite scents)I made soap & Lotion with this before I even tried it in candles. All smelled great!

Key lime Pie...oh boy is this good...really makes me hungry when I make these candles.

Ylang Ylang & Ginger

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

I have been so pleased with the above I need to try more.

What I have found useful in getting info from the search feature is to use the advanced search and under Additional Options, where is says find post select 6 months or a year, whatever time frame you would like and select or newer. Give it a try! Additional Options collapse_40b.png

Find Posts

• Any Date Your Last Visit Yesterday A Week Ago 2 Weeks Ago A Month Ago 3 Months Ago 6 Months Ago A Year Ago
  • and Newer and Older

I buy a lot of millcreek fragrance oils. Most of them are very very good and have great throw. Everyone loves Rasberry Creme Brule or maybe it's raspberry creme, love their zen, and blackberry sage, though crafters choice blackberry sage tea rocks this one out and I have to break down and pay a little more for the crafters choice for this fragrance and this is big for me since I only use crafters choice for soap not candles, love Millcreeks applejack and peel, the ones I have left in the bottle are hillbilly home brew, and lick me all over, these two scents make me sick when I smell them, I am going to set aside one day in the month to make bad scents. I also love their citrus scents tangerine chili, and another one. I tried the tranquil did not like it in the bottle but figured maybe men would like it so made it anyway. It was OK. Millcreek is very reliable with hot throw in soy and it cures well. Still I would try to look around for reviews or buy sample bottle for unknown scents.

I started the end of last summer trying Millcreek. I spoke to the owner, and they do strenuous testing in 100% soy before they will sell an oil so though they don't have hundreds upon hundreds of scents, they are reliable. I do very much wish they had a "best sellers" category and the ability to write reviews on their site.

The ones I have tried and love are:

Lilac Breeze

Stormwatch

Berry Creme Brulee (LOVE)

Gourmet Sugar Cookie

Mango Papaya

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Ylang Ylang Ginger

Christmas Eve

Ones I am undecided on but customers like (throw fine, I'm just not sure if I want to carry them)

Bergamot and Coriander - just not sure yet.

Freesia and Musk - I guess I was hoping for more Freesia, if you like musk this is very pretty

Extreme Vanilla - it is extreme and it is vanilla I just wanted something sweeter, this is more vanilla bean to me

High Cotton - I expected a fresh clean linen smell but this has a bit of sweetness to it that I'm not sure I love yet.

Musk - I did sell out of this during my Christmas orders, I just personally don't love it. It smells just like Yankees though

Monkey Farts - I have smelled others of this and this one smells mostly like pineapple, I was expecting for banana and bubble gummy like layer to it

Mulberry Wine: I sold so many bars of soap in this, again this is personal preference that I don't care for it. But customers do. It is VERY VERY strong.

Red Currant: Smells JUST LIKE Candlscience Pomegranate & Sage and I don't like that one. Garden dirt.

Did not like at all:

Magenta Nectar

Monkey Farts (see above)

Lick Me All Over (I couldn't bring myself to pour it)

I plan to order some new ones today actually!!