aroma beads

David Fields

I can understand the "huh" thing from the distributors -- they aren't technically aroma beads until we add the fragrance :) You could possibly ask them for polymer beads or polymer crystals?? Not sure if that's the technical name or not but it's a different avenue to try...

I have purchased Aroma bead from a few companies , most of them are pretty much the same with one exception , melting , if you are going to melt them into shapes the best luck I have had is from http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Aroma-Beads__ML1011.aspx these beads melt very well and have had no problem with them , i bought some from http://www.candlemaking.com and i had to return them , they did not melt very well at all , i melt mine in cookie cutter and had to toss out 12 cutter and repurchase them , the beads they sell are just fine if you are going to bag or jar them just no good for melting

Do any of you have problems getting these out of the cookie cutters once you have baked them? I really like them but don't like the weird sort of edges that are left. I have tried cooking them for less and more time, using cooking spray and no matter what I do I just can't get them to come out with smooth edges. Snipping the edges does work but it's time consuming and they then look flat and cut vs shiny and round if that makes any sense. :)

I haven't used Peaks aroma beads, but, Cierra, BCN and Cajun all have great beads that melt nicely. I tried Azteks once before and didn't like the way they baked down and I cut my hand open trying to get the stinking thing out of my mold.

They are pretty easy to get out of the molds (cookie cutters) if you get them out at the right time. You want to let them cool but not where they are completely cold. Mine are usually ready to take out after about 5 min of cooling. I don't bother trying to cut the edges as one it would be way too time consuming for the amount of these I sell and two it doesn't bother me that much. I've had people say they like the way I got the edges to do that, makes them look more hand crafted. :) So customers don't seem to mind the edges either.