Mineral Makeup Question

Starr

I know some of you make Mineral Makeup and as I'm an avid fan of it but pretty ignorant on the differences between the types of powders I have a question.

A while back I bought a HUGE matte white eye shadow. I'm curious what the difference is between eye shadow and foundation insofar as composition is concerned. The reason I'm asking is for a theater production I need to make my face WHITE and I'm curious if I can use my matte white eyeshadow as a foundation to use all over my face. Is this feasible?

Yes, you can use eyeshadow on the face. Usually with minerals the composition of face products and eyeshadow are very similar...the formulator should be able to tell you the difference, but generally I like my eyeshadows to have base ingredients that are sheer to not mess up the pigment color, but still have a lot of adhesion. With my face products I may add things to control oil or blur lines and provide coverage and adhesion. There should be no issue using your eyeshadows on your face, but if using on lips you want to make sure all the ingredients are lip safe and if you are using lip or face products on eyes you want to make sure the colors are eye safe.