fundraisers...

I would like to get into doing some fundraisers within the community and am thinking about having a jar specifically for fundraisers only. I was looking at the 4 oz jelly jars because I can get them locally and to keep costs down. Does anyone else do this?

I want to start out with approaching organizations such as the Humane Society, a facility that works with mentally/physically challenged adults, an organization that raises money to purchase shoes for school kids who come from poor homes, etc.

Also, does $8.50 sound like too much for the organization to sell them at? I was going to give them $4 from each sale. Will people pay $8.50 for this size candle? I was only going offer them 2 or 3 different scents to chose from.

Thoughts, please.

Depending on your area, you may be able to get that for a 4 oz but here people won't pay that much for a small candle. Even though alot of people just buy to help the cause price does factor into whether they will buy or not. IMO 2 or 3 scents is not enough. You need to have a variety of various scents that will cover anyones tastes (floral, clean, bakery, etc.) There are so many different types of scent people out there that you need to try to accomodate all of them. I know if I were given an order form for a fundraiser and all I had to pick from was 2 or 3 floral scents for example, I wouldn't order any. I am NOT a floral person at all but I have to carry florals b/c there are many people out there that are. Even for a cause I wouldn't spend my money on something that I didn't like and wouldn't burn.

Look at your costs and see if you could offer them at a lower price and still make money. I agree with Always Wondering, I think that's a bit high for that size.