Possible Newbie

poohbaby

Hi all, been browsing for a bit and thought I would ask if you have a preference on your mp soap bases (as far as quality & supplier) or do you prefer the cp/hp method. I am considering selling my candle business, cant keep up with it due to some health reasons, but I dont want to completely stop the crafting end so thought I would try B&B for personal use. Kind of tired of candles too! LOL Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate any input. Lucinda:wink2:

I prefer CP soap and then HP soap. I myself don't really care for the MP soaps. While you can find some really nice bases out there and get really creative with MP, I just didn't feel like I had made soap when I used MP. JMO. I like CP soap because of the smoothness you can achieve as well as the swirls. HP soap is better for the harder to soap FOs but can come out looking more bumpy and can be difficult to get into molds. CP soap can be difficult getting into molds with certain FOs that seize on you. One way is really better than any other and just comes down to preference. I think that should you try soaping you will really like it. Just make sure to do lots of research and ask questions when necessary. Good luck. I'm sure you will do great. :)

I truely love making both CP and MP soap. I find that CP is more of a challenge, because it seems it is never very predictable, just never know what FO's are going to do, and how things will react...and the anticipation of waiting to see how the colors will morph and what you'll have when you cut the mold the next day or so after making it is well, just like waiting to unwrap Christmas presents ;)

MP is quickly becoming my pet though...I have found myself having so much fun experimenting with additives, narrowing down what makes the lather best, what makes the bubbles best, it's just all a lot of fun. For me MP soap is FAR smoother than CP, but much more difficult to achieve a swirl, I'm on a mission though to get that mastered! LOL.

I can recommend bases from Essentials by Catalina, and Bitter Creek North.

Have fun! :)

Well, considering that I am a first time soaper sitting here with 2 very ugly batches of HP, I'd say try MP first.

I wasted $55 getting supplies for HP, and now it's all useless. I find it too difficult, and extremely messy. I though about using my oils and stuff for CP, but it looks almost as messy, and I hate the 2-4 week cure time.

I wish I would have stuck with the original plan and spent my $55 on MP soaps and molds. Why oh why, did I get the genious idea to try HP instead? :embarasse