Need Lots Of Help

RebeccaT

I have just recieved my wax and oil to try to make some tarts...The wax I purchased is IGI 6006, Container Soy/Paraffin Blend. I am wondering if I use the information I found on the website LoneStar, for making the votives, as to how hot to get the wax and when to add FO and when to pour, I cannot find a recipie for the tarts on the website. I will be pouring into the 3 oz clamshells, I only want to start with 1lb. I would appreciate any helpful information.

I have 6006 and it is a soft container wax. I tried it in portion cups like a supplier showed to do on their website. Would not come out of the cups without freezing. So I ordered some much harder wax from BCS and I mix it and it works well. I did not try the 6006 in my clamshells since it didn't work in my portion cups. There is a whole thread on the subject here

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?100101-Has-anyone-tried-straight-IGI6006-or-444-for-tarts

I have 6006 and it is a soft container wax. I tried it in portion cups like a supplier showed to do on their website. Would not come out of the cups without freezing. So I ordered some much harder wax from BCS and I mix it and it works well. I did not try the 6006 in my clamshells since it didn't work in my portion cups. There is a whole thread on the subject here

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?100101-Has-anyone-tried-straight-IGI6006-or-444-for-tarts

Thank you also wondering who BCS is and what is the name of the tart wax??

Rebecca, BCS stands for Bitter Creek South. They are located in Texas. There is also their sister company, BCN ( I get a ton of stuff from them ) and they are located in Wisconsin and have a much larger selection of products ( just about anything you can imagine that goes along with our business ).

Do be aware that BCS and BCN carry a lot of the same fragrances, and FO names, but in certain cases, the formulations for one FO from BCN is NOT the same formulation for the same FO name at BCS. It pays to check their descriptions on the FO to see if it is the same as from the other location.

There are several waxes used for tarts- Ecosoya PB, KY ParaSoy, IGI 4794, The CandleSource container/tart wax are a few you'll see mentioned on this forum. 6006 makes a pretty candle though! :)

If you tell us where you're located, we can help you find a supplier.

Edited by Beth

Thank you also wondering who BCS is and what is the name of the tart wax??

I guess it won't help since I am using IGI4784 from BitterCreek South and it looks like they no longer have it. I have a good supply but will be trying sometihing new or finding a new supplier eventually.

adillenal, did you mean 94 or 86 ? I hadn't seen an 84. I've used 94 forever and love it.

Oops you are right. The case is sitting right beside me and with my trifocals I could have sworn it said 4784. Course I was also reading it upside down. IT is definitely 4794 and I am driving with these glasses. Time for a checkup.

Thanks for proofreading for me. I need all the help I can get.