votive wax help

I have been using Phytowax for votives and just used up my last box. Can not find this wax anywhere. :angry2: I did try the ecosoya pillar wax and do not like it at all. Can anyone give me some names of votive wax to use since I use soy or soyblend. I am looking for a wax that I can do one pour. My old wax was wonderful, never had to do a repour.:P

I have been using Phytowax for votives and just used up my last box. Can not find this wax anywhere. :angry2: I did try the ecosoya pillar wax and do not like it at all. Can anyone give me some names of votive wax to use since I use soy or soyblend. I am looking for a wax that I can do one pour. My old wax was wonderful, never had to do a repour.:P

I believe they are still selling Astor V at some places if that might be of interest to you. That isn't Phytowax is it? The name has changed a couple times and I'm not real familiar with the waxes in that line.

Phytowax was the forerunner of NatureWax. NatureWax V1 was their votive formula. I found it at the link below:

http://www.generalwax.com/p___Z48V1000.html

You could also use the NatureWax P1 & P2 (pillar formula).

It's available from:

GenWax

http://www.generalwax.com/wax/natural-candle-wax/cate_59/p___Z48P1000.html

Lone Star

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlewax_naturewax-p1-soy-pillar-wax.html

You need to add 5-10% triple pressed stearic acid to either product to aid with release and cracking. HTH

Edited by Stella1952

Dang! I'm sorry. I ran down the list of Elevance distributors and those were the only ones who advertised the products on their websites... maybe they should think about removing them? You could call Elevance directly and see if they can direct you to a supplier or maybe even sell to you...

Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc.

2501 Davey Road

Woodridge, IL 60517 USA

877-215-2795

630-633-7295 (fax)

customerservice@elevance.com

www.elevance.com

http://www.naturewax.com/contact.htm

Edited by Stella1952

Why didn't you like the ecosoya pillar wax? (I'm new to candle making, and just curious because I ordered a small amount to try it out.)

They gave it to me for $50.00 a box. Made my day!!
You lucky ducky!!! Glad you "scored"!!:yay:
Why didn't you like the ecosoya pillar wax?
Not MTT, but I feel the same way about the two products. PB is just... different... less HT, I think, and makes a heavier, more dense votive, if that makes any sense. I found the V1 was easier to burn. At any rate, since V1 is now history, it becomes yet another moot point... I sure liked that wax, dadgummit. Another one bites the dust... :undecided

I do use PB and it's okay - just liked the V1 better... That makes PB about the only readily available soy votive wax out there now... sigh...

MTT, did your source say if they are discontinuing P1 & P2 as well?

Edited by Stella1952

yes they are discontinuing all of it. I just do not understand when you have a wax that works so well and you got it down with all the testing on the wax, fo and wicks, makes you mad. I'm told they are coming out with a new one that they are testing now, but the testing wasn't going good. Why do they mess with something that works great?

ecosoya pillar always came out greasy feeling to me, or I got alot of sink holes, color wasn't that great. Naturewax v-1 never had to do a second pour, beautiful tops and color was great, good HT and c throw. Hofefully this will keep me going until I retire and sell the business in another year.You can go to my website to see how nice they votives turn out.

www.soyradiantcandles.com

Why do they mess with something that works great?

Just guessing, I think they are trying to "follow" NGI's lead and IMHO, that's a mistake. NGI may have a large market share, partly because of a very well designed and informative website (Elevance's just plain sux), but I don't like the greasiness of their products and their waxes just don't live up to all their hype... they just not "all that", IMHO. I, too, think Elevance should stand on their products and make more simple adjustments to their formulas and, for heaven's sake - do SOMETHING with that website! Elevance doesn't need "molecular blueprinting," "botanical oils" and all that fluffy "pure" greenwashed BS to promote a basically good product, IMHO.

ecosoya pillar always came out greasy feeling to me

Ditto. Your votives look great!!