wood wick soy candles?

Hi there. I'm going to be making soy container candles this weekend, my first time using 2ply treated wood wicks. They come with a stand, all instructions online involve inserting the wood wick once the top layer has hardened a bit. Has anyone made wood wick soy candles before, simply pouring around the centered wood wick?

Thanks!

Many people make these. They are one of my least favorite products because it is extremely difficult to "dial in" a wood wick for best efficiency, especially during the last half of the candle burn. It's novel and many people enjoy the crackling noise of the wood wick burning, but I think this is more of a fad than a well-designed, safe candle system.

If you do a search on the forums, you will find many discussions of the use of wood wicks.

Hi there. I'm going to be making soy container candles this weekend, my first time using 2ply treated wood wicks. They come with a stand, all instructions online involve inserting the wood wick once the top layer has hardened a bit. Has anyone made wood wick soy candles before, simply pouring around the centered wood wick?

Thanks!

I use wood wicks as well as "traditional" wicks. However, I use paraffin waxes, not soy, so can't help you there. If possible, buy samples from different suppliers.

Some suppliers offer poor quality wood wicks that will cause you nothing but aggravation. Make sure you keep them trimmed very short, nearly level with the surface of your candle (again, this is based on paraffin, don't know about their application in soy).

Did you see the new candles with the wood wicks, they are shaped like an X. Haven't seen them for sale to us yet. I have made a couple and I do like them. Last one I made was a 31/2" jar with the x-large wood wick from BCN. Was too hot, now I'm out of wicks to play with. So maybe next year...

The way I attached them was use silicone to glue the wick into the holder then silicone the whole thing to the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there are trademarks on the word "Woo*wic*" how can someone write copy about their container candles that have this type of wick. Early on I had a candle like this on Etsy and it got taken down because of trademark. I didn't know all about the story behind this wick. I didn't use the one word as in the trademark but two words and it was in description of the wick, not the candle. Is something like Wooden Wick or Wooden Wicked ok?

Wick made of wood? How are you all describing your candles you make like this?