My first post

Candlegardener

Hi... so you make candle arrangements? Do you make the candles also?

They are cute. The only thing that would worry me is the first one I saw looks like it was set up on Styria foam. Wouldn’t that be really flammable?

PS I am NOT a candle maker... I am a soap chick.

I agree with moon. I visited your site and it looks like a fire hazard in so many ways. I make candles and safety is of utmost importance to me. I don't mean to hurt your feelings...it's just something to think about should someone take this idea and implement it in their own home, then walk away.

I agree with you that safety is of the utmost importance. Certainly some of my candle arrangements are unsafe, it is aesthetically pleasing to me watching them melt, it's my hobby to supervise them as they burn. I do have arrangements that I burn for warmth and scent but there are those that are strictly for me to burn and take pictures of. I would certainly hope that people apply a little common sense when implementing fire in their homes.

I agree with moon. I visited your site and it looks like a fire hazard in so many ways. I make candles and safety is of utmost importance to me. I don't mean to hurt your feelings...it's just something to think about should someone take this idea and implement it in their own home, then walk away.

Well you asked for thoughts....

Gosh, I personally think that although you are obviously a very creative person as a candle maker myself I think the ideas you are putting across to the general public? are extremely unsafe.

Safety when it comes to burning candles should be the TOP most priority for any person selling or promoting candles and candle displays.

I have looked through your photo's and see SO many potential fire hazards.

The ideas are cute and although you say it's your hobby and for photo opportunities, you are giving people very unwise and unsafe ideas about how to burn candles.

Honestly I think it's irresponsible.

Here I am worrying about a gingham bow on one of our products being a "potential" fire hazard.

Wow. I'm not sure where to begin. Do you make these candles yourself? MANY of them are overwicked... Placing them too closely together increases the temperature and makes them burn hotter... The wood sconces - I have had personal experience with burned wood sconces - one should NEVER use a flammable item to hold a candle for any reason.

Your faith in the common sense of the general public is naive and misplaced. A quick look at the candle recalls at the CPSC should demonstrate how foolish people are when using candles.

I am a working artist and do not like to discourage people from any creative pursuit, but your photos truly are irresponsible. As a chandler, my focus is ALWAYS on safety first and foremost. I do not take photos that show my candles being burned in any manner that could be unsafe if money-see, monkey-do happens.

Please understand I am not "picking" on you - you asked for feedback. I hope that you will take safety more seriously and not encourage people to burn candles unsafely by posting lovely pictures of unsafe groupings of candles unless you are willing to share post home fire photos side-by-side also. I have lost a home to fire and it's very easy for me to see what could happen and what it would look like. Think an artistic arrangement of charcoal... *shudder*