Testing

ksackett

So what kind of testing do you guys do on your products? Do you have any books that are good references? And what are the things to test for?

For Ex. I made up a shower gel cream ( I know sounds weird) and I am loving using it creamy, sudsy, actually washes off, (one of my pet peeves is the catch phrase "leaves youu feeling silky or whatever" usually for me means spend 45 min trying to rinse the stuff off. ) Using my personal favorite fragrance of the moment. what would you all put something like that through? I can tell you what all is in it if you want.

Kristina:cheesy2:

I'm my best testor LOL For like the wash.. something to ask yourself, does it leave your skin dry or tight after using it? To me there's a fine line between dry/tight, and moisturized. I'm soo picky, I prefer that "silky" feeling afterwards.. Don't like a dry, powdery feeling at all. Does it leave the bathtub greasy? Are the suds sudsy? Just think of what you like in a product. Than pick a few close friends or family who will be TOTALLY honest with you after using it. Remember, everyone's opinions could be different.. Just like with lotion, I prefer mine to leave a slightly greasy feeling, while my friend detests anything with a hint of grease and looks for the powdery after feel. We are our own worst critics, and remember, you are NOT going to be able to please everyone. So do NOT take any slight criticism as a personal attack.. I've had my friend who detests greasiness test out EVERY lotion I've tried and I haven't been able to make her happy. While another of my friend ADORES the GMH lotion from WSP (which I don't really care for, again, that powdery feeling).

HTH!

Laura