Removing Stickum from bottom of Jar.

My helper wicked about 20 cases of jars with the wrong wicks and I do not use this jar and wick combination for any of my candles.

I tried to heat gun the jar and pull off the wick/stickum, but of course this time the stickums are sticking like cement on the bottom of my jar.

Any tips or tricks out there to get these off? :confused:

Is there liquid I can pour in the bottom of the jar so they can soak and come off.

They are in a jar that I really can't get my hand in to pick them off either!:sad2:

Thanks.

OK.. After I posted this in a panic and calmed down I bit..... I pulled out some witch hazel and rubbing alcohol.

I put enough in the bottom of the jars to cover the stickum and base.

I let it soak a few minutes then took a scredriver and pried it off the bottom of the jar. WHEW..

Now will let it dry and hit it with the heat gun to get any moisture out of the jar.

I would suggest to anyone else that finds themselves with the same problem to use the rubbing alcohol.

I forgot about the funky odor that hazel has.. YUCK...

Stella - tried that - Stickum stuck to jar, could not peel off even after heating.. 20 Cases of picking at the stickem would have driven me to drink!! LOL

Deb- I tried that first.. Usually pulls right off, but not this time.

I swear they used cement as the glue on the stickums this time!!

Never had an issue like this before!!

Thanks for the help!

Rubbing alcohol removes it nice and easy. I let it soak, the glue dissolves and easy to lift stickum off bottom of jar!! !

Edited by Seamist