Saint Parfum charges $50 for 1 heavy based tumbler candle. Check out their scent page

Someone said he could have planted the ezine and all that, can't you get in serious trouble if you say you were in a magazine and you weren't?

Also, I REALLY want black reed sticks!! -- off topic, I saw them on his site, and I want them LOL

But there was a big, long list of magazines his products were in. Evidently he's legit..hopefully he has super rich customers who will simply throw money away on a candle.

hopefully he has super rich customers who will simply throw money away on a candle.

Did you READ the replies about the cost of the materials being used? That he chooses to use some of the most expensive ingredients in perfumery for his candles is not wrong or frivolous - it's called making RARE candles. At some income levels, "throwing away money on a candle" is a LUXURY, period. Unless one is using candles for lighting at night, ALL candles are a luxury on which people throw away their money. While I cannot afford to test one of his candles, I'm glad there are people who DO.

Did you READ the replies about the cost of the materials being used? That he chooses to use some of the most expensive ingredients in perfumery for his candles is not wrong or frivolous - it's called making RARE candles. At some income levels, "throwing away money on a candle" is a LUXURY, period. Unless one is using candles for lighting at night, ALL candles are a luxury on which people throw away their money. While I cannot afford to test one of his candles, I'm glad there are people who DO.

I did read them & I did look up the prices. My opinion is that he must have customers who have nothing better to do with their money. There's a big difference in buying a $10 candle & a $500 candle.

& here in the midwest, candles are used for lighting quite a bit in the spring. :)

I here what you're saying; I still think it's crazy. For that price, I want to see liquid gold in my candle. ;)

Many people wouldn't know a fine fragrance from what they use to put in Fabuloso! Just because YOU do not understand doesn't mean that the people who do should be criticized. Just because I cannot afford to hang a Da Vinci on my wall doesn't mean that people who have the means to do so shouldn't. Just because I cannot afford to use perfumes made from the finest ingredients in the world doesn't mean that those who can afford them, shouldn't. Just because WalMart sells candles at a fraction of what I can sell them for doesn't mean people should buy those cheap pieces of crap instead of mine. I won't put wealthy people down simply because they have money to spend on finer, higher quality, more rare products for their use. They are supporting businesses whose goal is producing a higher quality product.

You probably wouldn't want to pay $5-$10 on a handmade bar of soap either. Thank goodness soapers & candlemakers here have customers who do not feel the same way that you do.

Perhaps he is a blowhard... or not - I don't know the man or anything about him, so I'm not going to trash him online.

But, using absolutes and concretes for scenting candles is NOT cheap!! Can you imagine the cost of testing those? High-priced perfumes are not ALL worth the money, but some have such complex formulas and expensive ingredients, that they ARE costly. Rare essential oils can cost hundreds of dollars per OUNCE.

Then there's the website costs, packaging, distribution, etc. All that costs money if one is targeting the high-dollar crowd.

Having said that, some people THINK that the more expensive the ingredients are (or sound like they are, ie. absolutes & concretes), the better the product will be. Not necessarily. If he is using some of the more rare and delicate oils in his candles, they may very well be worth $50.

When I win the lottery, I'll test one. ;)

I've never heard of "absolutes" or "concretes" before. Interesting.

Many people wouldn't know a fine fragrance from what they use to put in Fabuloso! Just because YOU do not understand doesn't mean that the people who do should be criticized. Just because I cannot afford to hang a Da Vinci on my wall doesn't mean that people who have the means to do so shouldn't. Just because I cannot afford to use perfumes made from the finest ingredients in the world doesn't mean that those who can afford them, shouldn't. Just because WalMart sells candles at a fraction of what I can sell them for doesn't mean people should buy those cheap pieces of crap instead of mine. I won't put wealthy people down simply because they have money to spend on finer, higher quality, more rare products for their use. They are supporting businesses whose goal is producing a higher quality product.

You probably wouldn't want to pay $5-$10 on a handmade bar of soap either. Thank goodness soapers & candlemakers here have customers who do not feel the same way that you do.

That's true, Stella. I had no idea his ingredients were so expensive. Also, his candles are much cheaper than Jo Malone's. Somehow his website doesn't look convincingly authentic to me, so I thought it was just a regular line of candles being sold by a guy with the cajones to charge an exorbitant price.

In any case, that gives me the confidence to charge whatever I think my candles will be worth, when I eventually learn to make super-good ones. There are people who will pay more for quality, once they understand the value of the product.

Edited by HorsescentS

Guys... I've been tesing EO's for over a year now & let me tell you, the prices for some of these is unbelievable (as you have now seen). As we all know, they are FINICKY & take a Hell of a lot to get a HT out of at all. His prices may be high, but he's still probably not turning much of a profit.

I believe it's not all what you know, it's WHO you know as well. Good Luck to him!!! Now if I can only get a sneak peek into his notes & find out how he gets all those suckers to throw, I'll be in Heaven!!

I don't know how things are trending in the States, but over here in AU, peeps are gagging for EO's, which is why I've been so persistant. Course, I only have the cash to test the more common place EO's, but "throwing away" test batches that don't throw is a nightmare, to say the least =(

However you look at it, he HAS been earning his dough.

Guys... I've been tesing EO's for over a year now & let me tell you, the prices for some of these is unbelievable (as you have now seen). As we all know, they are FINICKY & take a Hell of a lot to get a HT out of at all. His prices may be high, but he's still probably not turning much of a profit.

I believe it's not all what you know, it's WHO you know as well. Good Luck to him!!! Now if I can only get a sneak peek into his notes & find out how he gets all those suckers to throw, I'll be in Heaven!!

I don't know how things are trending in the States, but over here in AU, peeps are gagging for EO's, which is why I've been so persistant. Course, I only have the cash to test the more common place EO's, but "throwing away" test batches that don't throw is a nightmare, to say the least =(

However you look at it, he HAS been earning his dough.

Are you testing these with soy or paraffin? The reason I ask is because I get great results with pure EO using CB135 at 6%

Hey @moonshine =)

Thanks very much for passing that on!!!

I am using a Parrafin/ Palm blend. As I'm in Au, it's almost impossible for me to get my hands on CB135 over here! Add shipping costs etc etc ETC!

If you're getting good results, maybe you should take a crack at selling at this dudes prices ;) It would be nice, eh?

I really appreciate you jumping in.

Cheers!

Edited by spark-me-up

Hey @moonshine =)

Thanks very much for passing that on!!!

I am using a Parrafin/ Palm blend. As I'm in Au, it's almost impossible for me to get my hands on CB135 over here! Add shipping costs etc etc ETC!

If you're getting good results, maybe you should take a crack at selling at this dudes prices ;) It would be nice, eh?

I really appreciate you jumping in.

Cheers!

Your welcome- and that is a huge bummer you cant get that wax having the market for EO Candles- it really does a nice job

The market in my area is.....what can I get for free??? LOL $$ is not plentiful around here to ask his prices

Good luck and hopefully you can eventually get your hands on 135