How do you ship your online candle orders?

Just curious as to how you guys that sell online ship your candles? I have small boxes I pack my candles in individually, then I pack them in a larger box with bubble wrap. I have never had any orders before over 5-6 candles/order. Anyone have any pointers on how to ship larger orders safely? i.e a case of 12?

If they are all the same jar I try to keep in the box with the dividers than I put peanuts and extra cardboard around the entire box, etc. Othyer wise I bubblewrap and wrap with cardboard and double the outside again with cardboard. I usually pack like Ft. Knox and the post office seems to be drop kicking my boxes lately. Have had alot broken. All you can do is pack the best you can and put insurance on them.

I use a LOT of the biodegradable "peanuts" that can be dissolved in water (this is the brand I buy: http://puffystufftn.com ) - I try not to use anything plastic if I can help it, including bubble wrap. Of course, that means fewer candles per box because I have them all surrounded, but my shipping calculator usually gets the price correct, since it's based on weight...one huge, heavy box or two smaller boxes, same weight except for the weight of the box itself. (I only use USPS Priority Mail, so that keeps it simple.) I've shipped literally across the country several times, and so far (knock, knock), none have ever been broken. :smiley2:

Edited by Catlover

Just curious as to how you guys that sell online ship your candles? I have small boxes I pack my candles in individually, then I pack them in a larger box with bubble wrap. I have never had any orders before over 5-6 candles/order. Anyone have any pointers on how to ship larger orders safely? i.e a case of 12?

I'm going to try these glass packers. They look really good: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=770&CategoryID=2279&CategoryName=Glass+Packers

I usually double bubble then pack them in with p-nuts. So far so good!

How many inches of peanuts between your double-bubble-wrapped tumblers and the sides of the shipping box? Are your tumblers in little gift boxes? What kind of bubble wrap? big bubbles? or small bubbles?

How many inches of peanuts between your double-bubble-wrapped tumblers and the sides of the shipping box? Are your tumblers in little gift boxes? What kind of bubble wrap? big bubbles? or small bubbles?

Yes, tumblers are in gift boxes, it depends on what bubble I have on hand, if small bubble I will wrap twice, if big bubble once, then pack as many p-nuts as possible to keep them stable. I haven't measured but I would guess I have at least an inch of p-nuts if not more. HTH

Yes, tumblers are in gift boxes, it depends on what bubble I have on hand, if small bubble I will wrap twice, if big bubble once, then pack as many p-nuts as possible to keep them stable. I haven't measured but I would guess I have at least an inch of p-nuts if not more. HTH

Only an inch of peanuts??? Amazing! I watched a training video on eBay once about how to ship glassware, and they said to bubble wrap it, put it in a box, then put that box into a bigger box with at least 3 inches of peanuts all around.

Well, I never measured it but its at least an inch probably more, but my jars are already in a tight fitting box and wrapped sometimes double wrapped in bubble so I have never had an issue yet, hope I didn't just jinx myself...lol. :rolleyes2