Mill Creek

morethanrubies

I called Mill Creek since they are pretty close to me to inquire of their FOs... I understand that they test all of their fragrances in their MC125 which is GB415.... I was wondering what others experiences are with their FOs in all soy.

I am trying to limit my "throw aways" by working with companies that test in soy.

TIA!!! :)

ok i have no idea what is happening with my computer LOL.. but THANK YOU Carol, I appreciate the input. I wish they had local pick up because I am only like 45 min away. I am trying to work the 'bugs' out of 415 as overall I am happy with it because when you get an FO that is compatible it will throw hot like crazy!

Edited by morethanrubies

ok i have no idea what is happening with my computer LOL.. but THANK YOU Carol, I appreciate the input. I wish they had local pick up because I am only like 45 min away. I am trying to work the 'bugs' out of 415 as overall I am happy with it because when you get an FO that is compatible it will throw hot like crazy!

Well, the 3 of us are practically neighbors,lol. Where are you from?

well I'm from Columbia City (west of Fort Wayne) -- lived in Tampa 12 years and moved to South Whitley to help care for my Grandmother who is on hospice :( ... she was given 6 months, it's been 2 years but this week we were told any day by the Dr. sigh.

We'll send prayers your way.

I'm down here in Kokomo, btw.

As for me, I'm their neighbor. Have to agree on the cozy home. Their lilac, cuke & melon, gourmet sugar cookie (I mix this with their spicy gingerbread for an awesome gingerbread cookies) chestnuts & brown sugar, balsam & spice, Harvest spice, Creme brulee (I mix this with mint candy cane for peppermint creme), are all awesome. There are more, but it's early & I'm not fully awake yet.

As for pick up you can blame a guy out of Lafayette for everybody getting cut off from picking up.

Thanks ladies! What is Cozy Home similar too? Is it a cinnamony apple pie type scent?

Carol K - I have been using JS chestnuts and br sugar but it seems weak lately in soy. How does theirs compare? Do you use just soy?

Ok, where is this guy in Lafayette so we can all get him! I HATE when 1 person ruins it for everyone! Shipping from MC to me 45 min away is only $2 cheaper than if I order from North Carolina for some reason. ??

Edited by morethanrubies

Thanks ladies! What is Cozy Home similar too? Is it a cinnamony apple pie type scent?

Carol K - I have been using JS chestnuts and br sugar but it seems weak lately in soy. How does theirs compare? Do you use just soy?

Ok, where is this guy in Lafayette so we can all get him! I HATE when 1 person ruins it for everyone! Shipping from MC to me 45 min away is only $2 cheaper than if I order from North Carolina for some reason. ??

MC'S chestnuts & brown sugar is really strong. Yep, gb415. That's what I started with 8 + yrs. ago so I'm sticking with it. Plus it's the cheapest. Yep, shipping stinks. Sometimes it's cheaper to order out of state. Oh the cozy home smells like apple strudel to me.

No kidding. He had an appointment at 2 & showed up at 10 am. I guess they had a big fight over that one. That was always one of their rules no showing up early or late. They didn't want people over lapping.

Edited by carol k
added

Thank you Carol! I am determined to make the 415 work, I do love that it burns so long and when you can get a scent to throw in it boy it does! I am going to order a sample pack from them then. Cozy Home smells delicious too!

Too bad though that they didn't let regulars still pick up their orders then maybe others could have met up to get their stuff ya know.

MC'S chestnuts & brown sugar is really strong. Yep, gb415. That's what I started with 8 + yrs. ago so I'm sticking with it. Plus it's the cheapest.

I quit using JS's when it went up to almost $20.00 a pound.

I do have a sample of MC's now and can't wait to get it into my wax!

OOB it smells different than JS's, not as sugary sweet so I would say it's not a dupe OOB.

But boy.. Does it smell good!!

I will post how it compares to JS's once I get it into my wax.

We use a far amount of MC scents in our line. These throw well for us in GB 444:

Blueberry Muffin

Grandmas Country Kitchen

Cozy Home- Our best seller, we call it PA Dutch Apple Pie

Cinnamon Sticks- needs wicked up though

Oatmeal Milk and Honey

Orange Clove- needs wicked up

Lavender Vanilla

Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper- needs wicked up

Gain

Honeysuckle Vine

We use a far amount of MC scents in our line. These throw well for us in GB 444:

Blueberry Muffin

Grandmas Country Kitchen

Cozy Home- Our best seller, we call it PA Dutch Apple Pie

Cinnamon Sticks- needs wicked up though

Oatmeal Milk and Honey

Orange Clove- needs wicked up

Lavender Vanilla

Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper- needs wicked up

Gain

Honeysuckle Vine

Thanks so much and DANG... I KNEW I should of ordered Cozy Home! I opted for Hillbilly Homebrew instead... I thought about Gain too but didn't... I went for Magenta Nectar instead of Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. I think I ordered like 22 samples LOL

YAY!!! Thanks for the feedback!! Here is what I ended up ordering:

Apple Jack & Peel 001

Bergamot & Coriander 160

Berry Creme Burlee 052

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar 123

Christmas Eve 113

Extreme Vanilla 133

Freesia & Musk 110

Gourmet Sugar Cookie 021

High Cotton 124

Hillbilly Homebrew 112

Lilac Breeze 025

Magenta Nectar 103

Mango Papaya 053

Monkey Farts 084

Mulberry Wine 028

Musk 178

Red Current 118

Sex on the Beach/Fun in the Sun 032

Soothing Sandalwood 069

Ylang Ylang Ginger 177

Pomegranate

Lick Me All Over

Many of those were to replace similar oils that were not throwing well and some are new to try.. ... I am sure I will end up ordering more when I make my "pounds" order !!

I got my order Monday and smelled everything OOB and her oils are very strong, which is a good thing, so it was hard to get an idea of end product but right off the bat I loved

Apple Jack & Peel

Berry Creme Burlee 052

High Cotton 124

Hillbilly Homebrew 112

Lilac Breeze 025

Mulberry Wine 028

Pomegranate

The others I'm going to have to get into to wax to get the real deal as they were so strong and some (like Musk and Red Currant) I'm not sure about altogether but that is just personal preference of scent type.

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback on the oils, I will put mine in here after testing as well.

Looks like I am going to HAVE to get Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Cozy Home, and Warm Vanilla Oak :)