holly berry fo

lilcountrymama

I have a women who is interested in a holly berry candle. I myself have never smelled a holly berry candle and am not sure exactly what one would smell like. She currently purchases them from blue mtn candle not sure if there are any Pennsy people on this board who has ever smelled it. I did find the fo at ng not to many reviews in the scent though. Has anyone used this fo and if so from where. If I'm going to make this for her I want it to be better than her previous experience but I can't judge this myself not really knowing what the exact scent should smell like. Any help would be awesome thank you

It does seem very true to a holly berry scent BUT it also adds a bit of a "woodsy" undertone that I personally like. I am familiar with the candle shop that you speak if in PA but don't really compare my candles to theirs because I use only soy, so the results will be different no doubt.

I will tell you that we loved the holly berry so much that we've added it to our holiday line. What type of candle are you planning on making for your customer?

Oh well that's good to hear and I'm glad you know who I am speaking of without a doubt I know the scent will change and not be exactly the same I believe they started with parafiin and now offer soy to. I use 464 in jelly jars the 8oz. I really don't want to compare myself to them but I do wish to make this something she will enjoy better than what she is already use to if that makes sense. I just am not even use to this scent when she asked me for holly berry I thought to myself what the heck is a holly berry suppose tobeven smell like I never even thought of this being a candle scent that's why im just confused about the whole thing lol maybe its because I'm blonde bahaha

Well from a fellow blonde...ha ha...I was not looking for it when I found it, maked sense? It kind of found me. I use GB 464 too! So at least you will know that it has a really nice CT. I do think that this is an FO that I will go 9%-10% load though. I LOVE my 464 but it needs a ton of help sometime. I think the finished candles are so pretty (at least now they are), I don't color any of my candles and I love how they look, even after burning.

I'm not so sure the that company does offer soy, maybe a soy/parafin blend, but I would be amazed if thery are 100% soy, just sayin :)

PS: Have you found your favorite wick for the 464 in the 8 oz jelly jars?

Edited by sisters3

Well thank you for your thoughts on this scent least I'm not.the.only blonde here. Believe me I still have problems with this wax time to time and all these threads are so conflicting.about this wax I've just been trying to do my own research. I think now the only problem I really have is every other batch I get the holes around the wicks. I've been pretty much set on the Eco 10 but I see a lot of people also use cdn and seem to have.better results. I've tried zinc, rrd, cd, and csn or was it cns idk the ones from candle science brain fart here but none of those really have worked rrd gave great hot throw though but bad mushrooming and high flames if you want to discuss 464 you can pm me as well

I get those holes too sometimes but I don't sweat it anymore, I simply use heat gun (carefully) to remelt so the hole fills in, it words great!! I used to use a hair dryer but took too long. I just really love this wax, it cures and burns so nicely. I just ran my first test with CD wicks, will let you know. I too have been pretty set with the ECO 10's BUT seem to burn a bit hot in my 8oz jelly jars.

It will be great to swap info and testing results for 464, I will PM you. I'm new to the forum so if I still can't PM I will post here again.

Thanks!! Won't be long now

So where in PA are you? I am near Hollidaysburg but travel a ton with my full time job and get back east a ton too.

Not sure if I should be taking up forum space with a question like that so....sorry.

Edited by sisters3