Shrinkwrap Baqs

Bernadette

I have shrinkwrap bags that I've purchased in different sizes, from three different sources. I use them quite a bit as I ship everything, and they really assist products from getting "bruised" during shipping.

I never noticed until recently how bad these things smell! Terrible chemical type smell. So a couple of months ago, I shrinkwrapped a couple of great smelling products and left them until a couple of days ago. After shrinkwrapping, all you could smell is the chemical smell. Taking the shrinkwrap off, letting them sit for less than 1/2 hour - they smelled wonderful again, thank god.:yay:

Although no customer has ever complained about it, I hate to think of someone getting their package, opening it, picking up the product for a whiff, and smelling that icky chemical smell.

Does anyone else use these? Do they have an odor before,during, and after shrinking? Does anyone have a supplier who's shrink bags don't have this odor? TIA:tiptoe:

I shrinkwrap my tealights and votives and have also noticed that icky chemical odor.

I purchased mine from WSP and C&S and the ones from wsp smell worse than the C&S ones.

I too would love to know if there is such a thing as odor free shrinkwrap :)

To me it's not an overpowering odor. It's kinda faint but unpleasant. I just used some of the C&S shrink bags a little while ago on my tealights and took a sniff of the bag and could smell it.

Nobody has complained about mine and out of couriosity I opened one up and burned the tealights and no odd smell as they are burning. Thank God! I really would not have to go through unwrapping and starting over with something else lol