My Non Colored Candles Are Turning Colors

It's just the nature of the beast! I don't use dye in my candles either and I have several different shades of wax due to the FO. My worst is blueberry muffin, that's a yellow. Something you just have to live with. I've never once had a customer ask me why my candles go from white to yellow. I'll take that anyday over the frosting issue with soy. HTH

Stella.. Ive only known the sun to fade colors.. I guess you learn something new everyday.. UV exposure to this particular FO causes it to make an extreme color change.. All of the other candles with FO did not budge color at all.. I will try to get it colored up from the sun and take a pic for you

post-10765-139458485892_thumb.jpg

Is it like this lovely little thing? This one wasn't even in direct sunlight, but I think it did get a little too warm by being too near a space heater. Maybe. I also had a Lavender Vanilla one (this one is Cedarwood Vanilla...see a pattern?) turn bright yellow in a shop where the owner swears it was never near the window at all.

Edited by Catlover

In my experience thus far, vanilla is the culprit in a lot of problems! Unfortunately, it smells yummy and is in lots of great fo's....so we're kinda stuck with it. I had another one (Cedarwood Vanilla again) that had a bright lemony layer on top after getting too warm at a craft fair! Needless to say, I've burned a lot of that fragrance in my house b/c I can't sell the stripey look. Or maybe I can.... ?? ;)

• 1 year later...