Tealight warmer, smoking tart, 250 degrees ?

LadyJo

I've read tons of old posts regarding this but mostly from 2005, 2006 and 2007 so I thought I'd bring this subject up again and see what thoughts and experiences have changed in the last 4 or 5 years... if any.

I bought a cute little tea light warmer from A Candle Co (Bell A Roma) to test and see if they were worth getting some to sell. They really are cute but they get WAY too HOT. I tested the melted wax and it was 245 - 250 degrees. And it was smoking !!!!! Scared me a little so I blew out the tea light.

Does anyone know at what temperature we should shoot for (maximum temp) regarding melted tarts without getting too hot ?

Jo

Sounds too hot to me, although I don't know what it should be. I have seen bought, cheap t-lites burning at a very hot rate. I only use the unscented t-lites I make and they burn slow and low but melt the tart, good throw. Use soy container wax and the LX8 wick, get 6-7 hr burn.

"Cute and LITTLE" might be the problem. the top of the t-lite flame should not be near or touching the bottom of the tart bowl. HTH

Edited by Sharon in KY