Cocoa Butter Golden or Deodorized???

icecold

I Have been using the deodorized for my CP and happy with it but have never tried the Golden Prime pressed. What is the actual difference between the two? Is one better than the other? I have read that the Golden has the chocolate scent, is that the only difference? TIA :cheesy2:

Yes, the golden or non-deodorized can have a chocolatey scent to it. It can come through in the final soap. I ran out of deodorized and used some golden in an aloe-juniper scented soap... ick! The different scents clashed and it never cured out. The deodorized can also be lighter in color, depending on how refined it is.

I learned this the hard way... I have 20lbs of soap that I made (several batches ) that I made with non-deodorized... never thought the scent would pull through my FO's.. and now I have what we refer in the house as the "chocolate incident" .. months and months later, the soap has a strong chocolate smell.. and it doesn't mix well with the FO scents.. Uhg.. live and learn

learned this the hard way... I have 20lbs of soap that I made (several batches ) that I made with non-deodorized... never thought the scent would pull through my FO's.. and now I have what we refer in the house as the "chocolate incident" .. months and months later, the soap has a strong chocolate smell.. and it doesn't mix well with the FO scents.. Uhg.. live and learn

Yes, it is a strong chocolate smell and it sells very well. I can see it being a disaster with many FOs. However, non-deodorized is incredible with some FOs. It is great with many berry scents or mint.