Adding brigther gold touches to a dark gold metal vase?

Darbla

I have a rather tall, dark metal vase from Hobby Lobby that I want to brighten up for Autumn and Winter floral arrangements. I bought a can of Krylon bright metallic gold paint, also from Hobby Lobby. I don't want to blanket spray it and make it all solid gold; I want it to look kind of antiqued with some depth and variation in color.

What is the best way for me to treat this vase with this paint? Spray it on a rag or sponge, then dab onto the vase? Maybe just hit the seams so it looks highlighted? I'm open to any ideas and pictures you might can direct me too.

Spray onto a rag moistened with some solvant, then dab lightly overall, then QUICKLY gently wipe down. If you get it TOOOO gold, let it dry completely, then you can come back over it with gree/black (a dab of kelly green added to a greater quantity of black) Use a water-based paint like Patio Paint and brush it on, wipe it off. You can also thin the paint with water and wipe it on with a cloth or your hands. It only takes a few moments to produce a wonderful "patine, antique" look... The gold should be first, completely dry, then the green/black. If you hate the look, you can always wipe off the darker color before it dries. When it's like you want, hit it with a coat of matte clear krylon.