food and candlemaking

So, how do you keep your food from absorbing the the fragrance when you are pouring?

I closed my retail store over a year ago and have started playing around again, but I'm now making them in my storage room. I took some food to a friend tonight and he said it tasted like candle.

Anyone else experience this?

See, this is exactly the reason why I don't place my test burn candles next to my coffee while I am distractedly reading the excitement on the forums.

Sorry, never had that problem, but then again, I'm the only one here who eats food and maybe I have candle tongue.

Edited by EricofAZ

I've never had that one either. Not just from sitting them next to each other. Now I'm sure breads or something could pick up a bit of the FO if it is very very close and unwrapped. I've done it by having some oil on my hands and then touching a sandwich. But rest assured, it tasted nothing like a candle! Uck!

Give a person a flavored lip balm without sweetener and they'll swear it "tastes" just like cherry (or whatever flavor it is) -- that's because the five senses we have take over and convince our brain that we actually taste something we can only smell. Same thing has happened here. Your food didn't taste like a candle...the aroma was simply present and he thought he tasted it ;-)

Just don't try and reuse any jars for food that have had melts in them at any stage.

Going on a picnic I was stuck for little containers to put the sugar, tea and coffee in so I grabbed some old jars (that had been thoroughly washed previously mind you) and used them. I didn't detect any odour in them but I forgot to sniff the underside of the lids.

Well, I had rather interesting blueberry tea and hubby had raspberry coffee for morning tea that day.